HolidayBuyer's Guide

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Win32 Trojan-gen {other} found by avast, about every 5 min..

by wouterrig / September 16, 2009 5:09 PM PDT

HI There...

I seem to ahve a problem with a virus or multiple virusses. I ahve Windows XP Pro. With latest version of avast home 4.8. It picked up the trojan or both of them at the same time,one keeps on creating folders with a "MaAad.gif" file in my Content.IE5 folder, and the other one keeps poping up in Documents and Settings folder and is called "sUddxsate.exe".

I have deleted, moved to chest, rename and move and try to clean with avast, downloaded and scanned with Malwarebytes, Super Anti Spyware, McAfee. The first two found a few suprising things, but did not solve the problem. Full scans on both of them. I have now downlaoded Spyware Blaster and Ccleaner and will work with these as well and try to see if they do anything, thought that I'll post now incase anyone has any other idea's? The previously emntined software I got from discussions on here, so thanks for the help thus far.

Kind Regards
Wouter

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Win32 Trojan-gen {other} found by avast, about every 5 min..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Win32 Trojan-gen {other} found by avast, about every 5 min..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Could be False Positive
by Donna Buenaventura / September 16, 2009 6:18 PM PDT

There is discussions on this issue at Avast! forum as you may have notice and one thing they said is it could be false positive but to ensure it is or not, it is suggested by them to scan the file by uploading to virustotal.com and do not delete the found item but put into chest only until you've confirmed it's not FP.

Can you still get that exe file and send it for single file scan at http://www.virustotal.com/

Collapse -
Virus smoked!
by wouterrig / September 16, 2009 9:51 PM PDT

Hi Donna..

Thanks for the advice and the quick reply, but I managed to get rid of the little monster this morning. And every time the avast warning comes up, I put in the chest, I have deleted sometimes, was def a virus, malware or whatever. Stumbled upon a rogue folder in c:\ called "C", opened it and found "d.exe" tried deleting it, and it would not. Deleted it with Malawarebytes's file assasin, rebooted and bye bye badies! Have had no problems sonce, so keepin my eye on it.

Thanks again for the help!
Rgds
Wouter

Collapse -
Good work, Wouter!
by Donna Buenaventura / September 17, 2009 2:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Virus smoked!

Glad all is well and you've sorted it out Happy

Collapse -
I got the same thing cooking here but I can't get rid of it!
by Jaxonwood / November 11, 2009 1:02 AM PST
In reply to: Good work, Wouter!

I have avast! 4.8 ringing the same way for a day now but I don't have the d.exe anywhere. Right now, this is what is being repeatedly created and setting avast! off: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033\sUddxsate.exe

Ideas?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.