Linux forum

General discussion

win modem

I have D-link Model: DFM-560IS+++ Internal 56Kbps V.92 Data/Fax/voice Modem .It have a conexant chipset : HSFi CX11252-11
I want to connect it to linux.When i connect to linux ,KPPP says it is unable to open the modem.
i have used many flavours of linux .Currently i use FC3.

plzz somebody try to give me the drivers.i have searched but i didnt even get the demo drivers.It will be better if its a full version drivers ( for free).
I know the websites from which i can get the linux modem or win modem drivers but in that i didnt get it.Plzz search it for me and give it to me.
Thanking u in advance
Ram

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: win modem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: win modem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
After that much work...

In reply to: win modem

Go get an external serial port modem and it will work everytime. Cheap too.

Bob

Collapse -
Conexant drivers are no longer free..

In reply to: After that much work...

since kernel 2.6 came out. Before that, the original beta drivers would still compile on 2.4, but 2.6 was changed. The drivers now cost around $15 or so, though they claim you can then get different ones for other computers or distros for free for yourself.

Of course, if you chose to run an old distro with kerneal 2.4, you can still get the beta drivers for free.

The serial external modem most cheap runs what? $20? If you are in a fixed location, that is a great solution, and will last as long as you have computer with serial plug. In my case, I am simply not going to drag around a modem almost as big as my laptop, and have to connect it every time I want to use dial-up.

Collapse -
USB Modems..

In reply to: Conexant drivers are no longer free..

Are an alternative. I got 5 of them free with some other purchase and ... they work well with Linux and don't require an AC power pack. I've seen them as low as 10 bucks on ebay.

The unit is about the size of a PDA.

Bob

Collapse -
Can i get the beta ??

if you chose to run an old distro with kerneal 2.4, you can still get the beta drivers for free. ??????

then just give me the drivers.If u know the link just give it to me.i searched so many places but i didnt get it.

External modem i can consider after some days when my financial status will me good Silly

Thanking u in advance
Ram

Collapse -
where can i get the demo ?

I have searched for the demo but i didnt get it. plzz givve me the link where i can get the drivers . hope u will help me again.

thnking u again
Ram

Collapse -
http://www.linuxiso.org/

In reply to: where can i get the demo ?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!