Question

win dvd ripper causing windows exlorer to stop working what

like the idea of this program but am not getting good results. ripped three dvds and when I go to the file to replay it windows explorer stops, anti virus finds nothing, windows vista laptop. Also first time I believe it kicked a dep. not going to use again till find problem . does anyone know a fix?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: win dvd ripper causing windows exlorer to stop working what
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: win dvd ripper causing windows exlorer to stop working what
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Too many win dvd rippers out there.

Some are simply trojans to trick folk into installing such.

Then again we do have HANDBRAKE.
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

have removed win dvd ripper, tried handbrake. My computer wont let me run handbrake installation, is it corrupted also? Thanks for helping but still need help. thanks everyone of you.

- Collapse -
That's not a good sign.

If you can't install Handbrake I start to think the machine is infected or has damage to the OS.

It's too early to tell, but this is not a good sign.

Grif's advice is next at 7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421
Bob

CNET Forums