Laptops forum

General discussion

WIn 7 drivers ati radeon LT3114u Im blonde but this is nuts

by blonde24smart / December 27, 2009 4:10 AM PST

Hi all, I am blonde but this is driving me nuts. I have a gateway LT3114u running windows 7, on a clean install , was previously vista (HAD ISSUES THOUGHT THIS WOULD FIX)
The little darling of a machine freezes constantly, I know its the x1270 ati radeon drivers, but I am so lost try to get the drivers for this, I have installed everything I can find, I have to run photoshop in safe mode (does pretty well amazingly enough)

I would be ever so grateful, I really cant afford to ge to a tech to look at at, I cant go back to vista, I lost the partition with the back up (yes stupid)

I am hoping some body out there can help I am really desperate. PLEASE

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WIn 7 drivers ati radeon LT3114u Im blonde but this is nuts
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WIn 7 drivers ati radeon LT3114u Im blonde but this is nuts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 4:32 AM PST
Collapse -
drivers
by blonde24smart / December 27, 2009 5:41 AM PST
In reply to: Try this.

thanks I appreciate the thought, I have no idea how that relates to drivers, but maybe its me. Thanks anyway

Collapse -
The drivers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 5:54 AM PST
In reply to: drivers

Would be from the machine's maker.

When I read "a machine freezes constantly", my repair shop days have me share what I'd be doing next.

Let's ask this question. How long since it's been cleaned?
Bob

Collapse -
no tried that
by blonde24smart / December 27, 2009 6:01 AM PST
In reply to: The drivers.

the machine came with vista so there is no win 7 support from gateway, I did a clean install on the drive. So apart from a quick vacum there is much more clean than that.

thanks

Collapse -
So far.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 7:11 AM PST
In reply to: no tried that

The lockups I experience on a clean install rarely have to do with drivers. I keep coming back to heat or hardware issues. Since you can use google I skipped looking for the usual ATI drivers people have issued and instead offer "what I would do" instead.

Look at the posts I noted and the links. The pictures you see there are not uncommon in one year old machines that lock up.
Bob

Collapse -
not the problem
by blonde24smart / December 27, 2009 7:44 AM PST
In reply to: So far.

The machine is two months old, and I can run in safe mode all day and night,

Collapse -
At two months old. Not your problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 8:15 AM PST
In reply to: not the problem

That's a clear warranty issue. The only problem I've encountered are owners that will not exercise the warranty and end up writing "I'll never buy a _____ again."

No offense but putting all the details in your posts can save a few posts as I would changed my reply and not offered the links but other ideas and links instead.

Bob

Collapse -
thanks
by blonde24smart / December 27, 2009 8:25 AM PST

I do appreciate your help I really do, but as you can see from my first post I purchased with vista, it now has win 7 and its a driver issue on the x1270 ati card that much I van work out. The card works fine on vista. So not really a take back to the store issue. Some other people have worked around this issue I have noticed on the net. I was hoping to find someone here.

thanks for your suggestions though

Collapse -
ATI Mobility Modder.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 8:19 AM PST
Collapse -
PS. IF Windows 7 32 bit
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2009 8:37 AM PST
In reply to: ATI Mobility Modder.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.