Question

Win 10 64 bit OS on HP model 505 desktop

I am running Win 10 64 bit. When I boot the system I get the welcome screen as normal. I enter my password and the system brings up the desk top. The desktop then appears and loads all icons. Once compete the screen goes black and reloads again. This continues non stop every second or second and a half. I cannot do anything.

I have tried booting from my win 10 recovery disk and it is not seen by the OS at boot.
I have performed the extended system test and all systems passed.
I have tried to reload the system from recovery sector and the system does not read the files.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix this?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Win 10 64 bit OS on HP model 505 desktop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Win 10 64 bit OS on HP model 505 desktop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The thing is

I don't have access to this model. So I can't tell what's going on or if there's more to this story.

I will share that a very old laptop required the latest BIOS for W10 to work correctly.

In the meantime try a boot to SAFE MODE, create a new user account (make it local) and on the next boot try the new account.

- Collapse -
Booted in safe mode still not able to fix the problem

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way this is a new computer (10 months)
I booted in safe mode. I tried to add a new user in settings but when I click the plus sign to add a new user nothing happens. No joy there.

Additional info this started with a blue screen problem with the following message:
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
Call MS help desk. They said it was a hardware problem told me to call HP (still under warranty)
HP support told me this was software not hardware.
used who crashed to determine the problem was from ntoskrnl.exe file in the OS and did some fix to correct the problem.

This problem started shortly after.

- Collapse -
The error may have priors.

But I am missing details. Does this PC run the OS from the factory install? What is the stock OS?

And BEWARE those "Signature PCs" since you can not change the installed OS. This is by design.

Now that the basic thing is out of the way, I'll have to know a lot more. HOWEVER this does not mean I can fix it.

-> Tell more, supply a link to this model HP and if it runs OK with the HP supplied factory OS.

You can google
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
to see what others found out.

I see a lot of causes from drivers, hardware and apps. This means I can't guess this one. You have to dig in.

- Collapse -
Actually they both are right.
- Collapse -
WIN 10 frustration

Thanks for the help. The original problem (blue screen CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION) was fixed by HP support as I mentioned.

After the fix. I could not change the name of files or move them from one folder to another using drag and drop. Then the desktop started refreshing every 2-3 seconds. I have been on the phone with HP tech support and tried a restore to a date before the problem. Did not fix the issue.
Tried to restore from the recovery sector and the system could not open the files.

I have sent the computer to HP to let them figure out what is going on. Fortunately I have backups and can restore the application data to another computer during the repair.

Thank you all for the help.

CNET Forums