Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

wimmx download woes

by dinoc / December 30, 2004 10:26 PM PST

i recently installed winmx however afetr the download completes i cannot find the song? it states that it was completed and i look to where it was supposed to be saved to but its not there? anyone know whats going on here?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: wimmx download woes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: wimmx download woes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From what I understand
by Oil_Tan / December 30, 2004 11:45 PM PST
In reply to: wimmx download woes

BestBuy, MusicWherehouse and other outlets have those songs you are after. They are usually listed in the yellow pages. And its not Illegal to obtain music from these outlets as you will pay for copyrights.

Collapse -
ok
by dinoc / December 31, 2004 12:10 AM PST
In reply to: From what I understand

food for thought, try finding "percy sledge-true love travels on a gravel road" you not gonna find that in any best buy or music wherehouse or ect....
all i was asking was some issues with wimmx, winmx is niot illegal, and please spare me the morality of your self rightousness, thanks anyways

Collapse -
By helping someone
by Oil_Tan / December 31, 2004 12:25 AM PST
In reply to: ok

Helping someone to pirate music here, could jeapordise this site. What about all the other folks that need help?

Collapse -
hint
by dinoc / December 31, 2004 7:26 AM PST
In reply to: By helping someone

remember, when your buddy says lemmie check out your song that you paid for and you hand him the CD you are violating copyright laws yourself. im not pirating anything, just file sharing, the song was bought and paid for already. i dont wanna jep. this site as you put it. thanks for nothing you self rightous you know what. we all know you walk on water, oh wait, that was JESUS! get a life, dont respond to someones request for help unless you truly know what you are talking about

Collapse -
bigger hint.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 31, 2004 8:32 AM PST
In reply to: hint

Stay tuned to these forums. Piracy, even if one tries to justify it by "I can't find it" is frowned upon by most forum members.

If you want help to pirate a song, don't ask in these forums.

Got it?

Bob

Collapse -
BIGGEST HINT
by dinoc / January 1, 2005 8:59 AM PST
In reply to: bigger hint.

I WONT EVER RETURN TO THIS FORUM, I WAS ASKING FOR HELP USING A PROGRAM, I DIDNT ASK ANYONE TO PIRATE A SONG FOR ME, I SOLVED MY PROB BY USING NAPSTER. PLEAS EBAN ME FROM YOUR FORUM JUST IN CASE I GET THE TEMPTATION TO RETURN. IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ MY ORIGINAL POST I WAS ASKING HELP FOR A WINMX PROBLEM, NOT ONE TIME DID I SAY I WANTED HELP IN PIRATING MUSIC, THANKS ANYWWAYS

Collapse -
New From OverPeer
by Oil_Tan / December 31, 2004 9:19 PM PST
Collapse -
Too EAsy!
by Bookem / January 2, 2005 1:59 AM PST

On your "search" screen, right hand side, click "transfers", then click "incoming files" on the transfers screen. Once you have located it, make yourself a shortcut. Or you can just change where you download to. Your call.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!