Computer Help forum

General discussion

Will Virtual 2207 run on XP Home?

Wondering if I can run MS Virtual PC 2007 on my XP Home machine. If possible or practical, I'd like to have Windows ME and Linux available on my XP Home machine. Virtual PC 2007's minimum requirements don't seem to mention XP Home but I know that sometimes app's will run with undocumented minimum requirements. And I'm wondering if anyone may have the answer to this before I decide weather to risk making a mess.

The machine on which I would like to host Virtual PC 2007 is an Emachines T3624 2.66GHz and running XP Home Edition SP2 with 32GB of free space and 256MB of memory. I realize that 256MB of memory is not much, but being that I use the machine almost exclusively in a utilitarian manner rarely is more than 60-90MB in use.

Thanks.

Charlie

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will Virtual 2207 run on XP Home?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will Virtual 2207 run on XP Home?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From the web.

In reply to: Will Virtual 2207 run on XP Home?

"Contrary to other comments here, VPC2007 will install and run on XP Home absolutely fine. It's just it isn't officially supported. All that happens if you'll receive two warnings before installing which say the OS you're installing it on isn't on the supported list. The same happened for VPC2004.

Note I did previously have VPC2004 installed before running the VPC2007 installer, I don't know if this made any difference :)"

Collapse -
RE: run on XP Home absolutely fine

In reply to: From the web.

Thanks, Bob. I'll go ahead and put the plan into action, then. Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.