General discussion

Will the new iPod touch have 128GB?

im just wondering cuz i want to upgrade from my 32GB to either the current 64GB version or should i wait till september for a possible 128GB version...i heard that that toshiba had released the 64 gb nandmemory...so what do you people think? get teh 64 gb now or wait over the summer for 128GB version?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Will the new iPod touch have 128GB?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Will the new iPod touch have 128GB?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's all need based/what you are willing to pay

If it does arrive as you suggest, it will cost more. Are you willing to pay the premium for the latest model with additional capacity? Or would 64 suffice based on your specific needs? It's amazing how many similar posts to this one make it to internet forums. This really isn't any sort of dilemma we could answer not knowing what you require, and not knowing precisely when a new device will arrive on the market and/or how that works with when you want it Wink.

- Collapse -
My guess...yes.

It makes the iPod Classic even more redundant, but if Apple wants to help keep the Touch relevant in this Age of iPad, I would think that a 128GB Touch will show up this fall to keep the hi-cap users somewhat happy.

- Collapse -
maybe!

My predictions are:

iPod touch upgrades this year: 3G model; just like iPad, 128GB, 1GHz CPU maybe(?).

iPod classic upgrades: 200-250GB, radio tuner, bluetooth headphone support maybe(?).

iPod nano upgrades: 32GB model, better camera.

This could all just be BS, but anyway, that's what I think. One thing that's guaranteed is that the next iPod touch will be better than the current one. Is that worth waiting until September to get? To me, yes, but it's your choice.

CNET Forums

Forum Info