General discussion

Will the fed lean against DJT in 2020

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Will the fed lean against DJT in 2020
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Will the fed lean against DJT in 2020
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Another "Deep State" desiring Idiot.

Why don't they just move to a Communist country where everything is "Deep State" already?

- Collapse -
The fed might start to think

Why should we bail out DJT for a self induced problem?

- Collapse -
stock market above...

26,300 today, so why this talk of a "bailout needed"? Wishful thinking? I know the unpatriotic Democrats are praying for a recession, hoping THAT might let them win in 2020.

- Collapse -
RE: today,

Did you sell everything "today"?

- Collapse -
and miss that....
- Collapse -

still climbing that "wall of worry" Devil Blush

- Collapse -

Keeps on climbing the wall of worry. Laugh

- Collapse -
There's a man I've been calling on

for some time who equates Democrat and liberal and cockroach. Free to use, if you want.

- Collapse -
Yeah! Go back where they came from!
Grin
- Collapse -
This just in.

Reuters says Trump is in favor of negative interest, or something, related to Fed actions.
Now, I got maybe a buck fifty to my name so I don't understand any of it, but I think that means a reversal of thinking on his part.
Just thought y'all ought to know.

The problem, I think, is inflation vs. slowdown; hard to balance. What I notice is that the Best and Brightest disagree on which it is that's just around the corner.

Post was last edited on September 11, 2019 4:26 PM PDT

- Collapse -
Numbers

WIl will be interesting to see what kind of numbers DJT and his squa thinks are the best for his reelection.....up or down.

- Collapse -
I think that, sometimes, folks just react to a change

Why is it that some will think that a tire sale that offers 25% off on set of 4 is better than buy 3 and get 1 free? Then, the next week, it's buy 2 at regular price and get the other 2 at 50% off. In reality, the final price is the same but sales activity must increase with every change. Obama had something called "Quantitative easing" which was a manipulation of the cost of borrowed money. Many argued that such a plan was hurtful to the regular saver in that banks no longer needed their money and interest rates one could earn plummeted. I guess this might have encouraged some to invest in more risky securities in order to keep up with lost value due to inflation...even though it was rather low. I'm fairly certain that it was the Republicans that didn't like Obama's plan. But, now, Trump seems to want to reverses the recent increases at the federal level. If such happens and investment in riskier securities increases again, it's a sign that a "sale" only works for so long even though the final price doesn't really change. The whole idea is just to keep the money flowing. I've often heard that "change is good" but the reply is that folding money is better. Happy

- Collapse -
"The whole idea is just to keep the money flowing. "

That's it exactly! It's just like water. When it's flowing, it helps keep it cleaner, but when it stops, it stagnates, which is why when money flow does that, they call it "stagflation".

- Collapse -
Neg rates

If Powell has made up his mind that bailing out DJT from his gaffs is not part of his job then DJT might have a problem making this fly.

- Collapse -
I can tell you what comes next.

At least for big world class banks. When it goes negative interest, they start buying up gold. The price of gold goes up. If they can convince governments to help them add cheating to it, they do that also. Remember what FDR did with gold? Watch for it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info