HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

will series 9 correct the judder and studder artifacts

by howso / June 29, 2008 8:58 AM PDT

I purchased the samsung lnt4671 only to take it back due to the amp artifacts. It was by far the most amazing lcd I had ever seen. The live feed 3-d effect was spell binding. The latest offers -the 550,650,750, seem to have eliminated these problems (85% of the time),but the 3-d effect has definetly been toned down. I want the live feed look of the 71 with out the judder, studder, and triple ball effect.Will the 8 and 9 series completly eleminate these artifacts? If so, samsung will have truly become the "holy grail" of lcd hdtv.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: will series 9 correct the judder and studder artifacts
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: will series 9 correct the judder and studder artifacts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
noted...
by Mr__S / August 18, 2008 5:20 AM PDT

howso,

What setting did you have AMP on with the 71 series? Did you have it on High? Our TVs have the ability to adjust the AMP (Auto Motino Plus for people reading this that don't know what AMP stands for).

On all the new models, we have adjusted all AMP settings so maybe that's what you are talking about but I wanted to make sure you knew that the AMP settings are not fixed so you can adjust them to reach your desired effect it has on the picture.

Best,

Mr. Samsung

Collapse -
judder
by howso / August 18, 2008 8:57 PM PDT
In reply to: noted...

My amp setting on the 71 was set to high. This provided the live feed 3-d look. I of course know that these settings were adjustable. When you go to medium or low you loose the 3-d look on the 71 series. Does the 9 series allow you to run amp on high with out the artifacts? Has samsung downgraded the high setting on the 950 to the point that you loose the 3-d effect? It seems on the 650,750, that high is not as high as it used to be, and the 3-d effect suffers. Will the 950 run it's amp as high as the 71 and not have any judder at all? Is this even possible for an lcd screen, or are you just playing with the numbers you now call high? I want this to work, and I was hoping the new led background would allow me to have my cake(really high amp), and eat it too ( the pristine 3-d look of the 71 series without any judder or triple ball effect)

Collapse -
Not sure...
by Mr__S / August 25, 2008 4:47 PM PDT
In reply to: judder

howso,

I?m not sure if the 9-Series will allow you to run Auto-Motion Plus without losing the 3-D effect that you are talking about. It has not arrived in the market yet.

Naturally, as panels improve, the picture quality improves. What you may enjoy with AMP set on ?high? might make someone else NOT like the picture for the same reason. I've heard people complain about the feature that you seem to love. That's why we try to give consumers the most flexibility to produce the picture that they feel is best.

I'm curious to hear your opinion after you have had a chance to test a 9 series at a store or your friend's house. Please follow up with us if you can.

Best,

Mr. Samsung

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.