Samsung forum

Rant

Will Never Buy Another Samsung Product Again

by mathon60 / November 15, 2011 11:06 AM PST

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Samsung DLP HL-S5665W a couple years ago and at the end of last year I started experiencing the DLP- chip malfuntion where it displays many dozens of largeish white spots all over the screen. I contacted support about this notifying them of the issue and advising of other situations where they have fixed this issue. After many hours on the phone and speaking with OOP (Office of the SECA President) They refused to resolve the issue. They demanded a receipt which I no longer had and honustly who keeps a receipt for more then a year? Either way with no support from Samsung I threw out the TV.

This week I found out a friend of mine had the EXACT same issue with his out of warranty TV with no receipt. Samsung has already scheduled a technician to come out and fix his TV. He was able to resolve this issue with first level support.

Samsung if you read this, get your act together all customer should be treated equally and due to this I will not buy another Samsung product again.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will Never Buy Another Samsung Product Again
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will Never Buy Another Samsung Product Again
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm with you!
by ddddcheap / November 15, 2011 1:31 PM PST

Much like you, I have the Samsung DLP defective chip. I actually have my receipt even though it's 4 years old. However, they will not help me because my select model was not one chosen for free repairs.

I will never buy Samsung again unless they resolve my issue. I am waiting out hope, but suspect I will not hear from them again.

Collapse -
Will Never Buy Another Samsung Product Again
by mathon60 / November 15, 2011 7:01 PM PST
In reply to: I'm with you!

Funny thing is,

My friend has the same model as me... we even bought it around the same time (it was a good deal at the time)... It just disgusting how a big company like Samsung won't help some of its users.

Best of luck to you.

Collapse -
When you calm down.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2011 9:16 PM PST

Try the new SERVICE ISSUES at the top of this forum. I have no say about this but why not give it one last try?

It's over at 7723-13973_102-542437.html?tag=contentBody;threadListing

Collapse -
Same Story
by mathon60 / November 16, 2011 6:54 AM PST
In reply to: When you calm down.

I have tried it, they gave me the same story. Yet my friend just got his repaired and its the same model.

Collapse -
I'd still try again.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2011 8:09 AM PST
In reply to: Same Story

At some point it's going to be a repair we get to pay for. I have no sway or say but have seen folk try, try and try again.

However there are sure fire ways to not get a good result. I think I'll take the chicken answer here and write you know when the bridge is burned.
Bob

Collapse -
I have Tried
by mathon60 / November 16, 2011 11:26 AM PST
In reply to: I'd still try again.

I have called many many times trying different approaches, I have tried since January.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.