PC Hardware forum

Resolved Question

Will my System work with a gtx 2070?

So I just recently bought a computer from scorptec :https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Ready-to-Run-PCs/Gaming-PC/73776-SS-VICTORY1060-2
Specs:
CPU
Intel Core i5 8400

Motherboard
ASUS TUF B360-PRO Motherboard

Memory
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2666MHz (2x4GB) DDR4

Graphics
ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5X 6GB

SSD
Western Digital WD Green 240GB M.2 SSD

HDD
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD

Case
Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Case

Power Supply
SilverStone Essential 550W Bronze ATX Power Supply

Software
Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Retail Pack

LED
BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 RGB LED Magnetic Strip - 600mm

I was just wondering if I was able to hook up a gtx 2070 to this build. If not please tell me what the reasons are (not enough psu watts, wouldn't fit in the case, wouldn't fit on the motherboard etc)
Thnx for your help, would be much appreciated

Shock_Au has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will my System work with a gtx 2070?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will my System work with a gtx 2070?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Shock_Au

Collapse -
The PSU is light.

In reply to: Will my System work with a gtx 2070?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-founders-edition,5851-9.html

I see peaks between 350 and 400 Watts and PSU has just 550W total and 502W max on the +12V rail.
While your PSU may work if you see any of the signs of PSU troubles, shop for another 700 or so Watt PSU with a single rail.

Also, be sure your HDD is healthy. Use Speccy and check the 01 and 07 values. These must be under 100 for me to give that a passing grade.
Collapse -
Also

In reply to: The PSU is light.

I also don't know if the power supply unit has the correct pins to fit a rtx 2070, do u know? Im not very tech savy

Collapse -
Cards come with adapters

In reply to: Also

So I won't be able to answer that one but the PSU looked to have the usual PCIe power connections.

Collapse -
Maybe a different graphics card?

In reply to: Cards come with adapters

So what graphics card or upgrades do u think i should get?

Collapse -
The 2070 is a very nice card.

In reply to: Maybe a different graphics card?

I supplied source as to how close the old PSU came to being overtaxed. So it should work but watch for the signs you need to get a bigger PSU.

Collapse -
While I don't buy LED RGB lighting.

In reply to: Ok thank you, last question

It is a nice single rail PSU that gets us farther away from possible PSU overtaxing issue. Remember I only took the worst case numbers using reviews that measured this. I didn't write it was over the maximum but when you tap over half the PSU with the GPU alone, that's not where I'd build a machine without an adjustment (up!)

Collapse -
TY

In reply to: While I don't buy LED RGB lighting.

Ty for ur help man, much appreciated Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.