Samsung forum

Question

Will my Samsung LED 65 inch Curve TV will work in UK?

by roblopez98 / June 1, 2015 2:35 AM PDT

Greetings. Will move to UK in August 15. Prior to shipping a large and costly Samsung 65' TV LED TV I purchased in Dec. 14, I would like to know if it would work in the UK. TV is new and was ensambled in Mexico in late 2014. Model is UN65H8000AH, model Code is UN65H8000AHXPA. Thanks for any light you could shed into this matter.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will my Samsung LED 65 inch Curve TV will work in UK?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will my Samsung LED 65 inch Curve TV will work in UK?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) What country did you buy in?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 1, 2015 4:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
Downloaded the manual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 1, 2015 5:19 AM PDT

The smart parts look like the usual wipe out. But this model appears to support 50 and 60Hz video formats. The missing spec was the input Voltage. If you see both 110 and 220 50/60 Hz on the mains connection you won't need a transformer. However you may explode as few have warranty out of country and service can be MIA as the parts were not in the local service centers.

The TV part may be fine. Just the tuner and smart TV should fail.
Bob

Collapse -
Specs on the TV
by roblopez98 / June 2, 2015 3:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Downloaded the manual.

Hi Bob, thanks for your answer. I checked. Specs behind tv indicate:

AC100-240 V - 50/60 Hz 188 W. Below this it also indicates Rating for including Evolution Kit: 200 W.

So, it seems as you correctly point out, 50 & 60 Hz video formats are supported. I assume also that TV detects/does this itself, and no prior (manual) adjustment is required.

My concern is your comment that the TV part may be fine, but tuner and smart TV will fail. As it can function in the 100-240 V range, does this comment still stand?

Thanks agains, Roberto

Collapse -
Yup.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2015 3:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Specs on the TV

The Smart TV apps and such are regionalized and the supply mains is not a factor there. As there is no over the air WORLD standard the tuner is again fitted for your country. Move to another country and it usually won't tune.

That's usually a non-issue as set top boxes do that tuning or get content from cable.
The smart TV part can easily be replaced with a ROKU or such box.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer from Samsung UK!
by roblopez98 / June 5, 2015 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Yup.

Hi Bob,

Thanks again.

I was awaiting response from Samsung UK. Finally it came in. Their reply I quote "I can confirm that your television should function in the UK, providing that you have a compatible power source. However, you may experience limited functionality of certain features, such as Smart content. You may also experience issues with the channel order and the programme guide".

And so, I thank you for the answers. It seems I will be able to enjoy the TV, but mindful of what will happen with the features! Too bad there is no over the air world std!

Cheers, Roberto

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.