Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Phones forum

General discussion

Will an unlocked Motorola PEBL work ok with AT&T?

by kitkat8376 / August 8, 2008 3:23 AM PDT

I used to have T-Mobile and I had the PEBL and loved it. Unfortunately I moved to a different state where TMobile doesn't service and am stuck with AT&T and a RAZR. Well my RAZR keeps randomly shutting off so I'm looking for a new phone. I keep seeing unlocked PEBLs for sale and am wondering if it will work with AT&T as it did with TMobile. Will the service, signal and call quality still be the same? Will I be able to send/receive pictures on it? If not, can anyone reccommend a good phone? I don't use it for a whole lot, just calling and texting, and the occasional email check. I don't need an outstanding camera, but it does have to have one so I can take pictures for caller ID. It has to have the predictive text, be able to play music ringtones and have all the buttons fully customizable, like the RAZR where you can program the side buttons and soft keys. And none of that text message beeping where you can't change it to play a music ringtone. My husband is a Marine and can only text message me during training sessions and hearing a constant beep will just irritate me. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will an unlocked Motorola PEBL work ok with AT&T?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will an unlocked Motorola PEBL work ok with AT&T?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Another note
by kitkat8376 / August 8, 2008 3:30 AM PDT

Also must have a speakerphone (I use this quite a bit) where you can close the phone and still use it. Thanks!

Collapse -
Yep it will work
by futurevanurse / August 8, 2008 10:01 AM PDT

Att and T-mobile are both GSM networks. All you have to do with an unlocked phone is pop in the sim card. It should work fine. Also you can check out modmymoto.com to customize your razr.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!