Question

Wifi will not connect to my bluray

I have a Linksys WRT54GL router which works fine with my laptop and my Wii. However my vizio bluray player will not connect to the network. Sometimes the bluray player will find the network and sometimes it will not. When it does fine it, it will not connect. It always says connection timeout.

This is the 3 bluray player we have tried. The Magnavox would just say connection failed. And the vizio's timeout. We did have an older vizio that worked fine until it became glitchy and would not hardly work. The one that worked was purchased about 3 months ago. It was bigger than the current versions of the same player.
I do not know the model of the player. I just can't understand how the Wii and the laptop connect and work flawlessly on the network but all the bluray players except the one will not connect.
I also updated the firmware in my router to see if it would solve the problem. It did not help at all.
We are really tired of taking these things back and getting the same results with each new one. I seriously doubt we got 3 duds in a row.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Grant

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Wifi will not connect to my bluray
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wifi will not connect to my bluray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Any suggestions?

My blu Ray is a vizio model vbr122.

- Collapse -
Answer
While it is known

I think it's well accepted that no one really wanted to become the IT Network Guru, today's gear seems to demand it.

For these products, try the Samsung owners start here sticky in this forum.
Bob

CNET Forums