I troubleshoot and fix home and biz WiFi all the time. Here's the usual fixes.
1. Install the latest firmware in the router.
2. Do the WiFi channel check with my Android phone and a WiFi scanner.
This is not an offer to teach how to use or interpret.
3. Check with my own laptop the WiFi spots work.
4. Fixing a cranky laptop is its own discussion. But if the WiFi is bad in the laptop we try some USB WiFi stick.
5. If the router is bad, replace.
6. If the distance is over 30 feet we install a WAP.
So I started my erasmus study in Seville, Spain. Here on my university they hsve wifi for all students which works pretty fine. My phone is connected to it and it works well. Nevertheless, I can not stay connected to the wifi most of the times. I log in to the wifi using my credentials and after 5 minutes I get kicked ourt. In order to reconnect to the wifi I need to restart my laptop and the same thing will happen again. I have this problem nowhere else except for here so it should be something in regards to the wifi at my uni here. Me and a friend of mine are one of the few that have this problem, but they can not seem to fix it at IT here ...
I have a Asus laptop running on windows 10 using kaspersky as protection. Does anyone know a solution to this ?
Thank you so much in advance !
A wifiless student