Networking & Wireless forum

Question

wifi problem

by karimswat / February 20, 2015 7:24 PM PST

Hi all.... Here I stand confronted with the most complicated and unexplainable issue of the internet world.
I have been using my Wi-Fi for years. I got a laptop, desktop, smart tv and mobile. Out of all the devices only the laptop shows the yellow triangle and No Internet Access on the wifi signal bar with full signal available. The desktop, mobile and smart TV do not show the yellow triangle and work fine. I have been facing this problem with laptop only for the last 10 days. Before that it was working alright.
The more surprising element is that this very laptop works perfectly when used with another Wi-Fi, and even more surprising than this is the fact that this laptop loses the yellow triangle and works fine when there is a power breakdown and the Wi-Fi is supplied with a UPS power. (We repeatedly have power breakdowns and use a UPS to cover up). So the laptop has the yellow triangle when the wifi is used with electricity provided by govt and no yellow triangle when wifi used with UPS. The other devices work ok when wifi turned on with govt electricity or UPS.
My laptop is run with Windows 7 32 bits and there is nothing "unusual" installed. I have only MS Office, Yahoo messenger and Skype installed in addition to the build-in hardware/software.

I have been searching the internet to resolve the issue by visiting various forums. In fact nobody has posted an issue exactly the same as mine, but still I followed the solutions given by experts on the net issues somewhat similar to mine but nothing works.
I am at loss thinking about all this. If the modem/wifi/net connection has any problem, why do all the other devices work ok? If my laptop setting has any problem, why it works ok with UPS or with a different wifi?
I turned on/off wifi repeatedly with long gap.
I disabled/enabled internet connection.
I did config/release config/renew
I connected the laptop directly to the modem with a cable but still the yellow triangle there.
I restored my computer setting to an older time when it was working alright.
I thought of having a new windows done but didn't think it would work as it already works with this window on a different wifi or current wifi with UPS.

What else would anyone suggest to resolve the problem??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: wifi problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: wifi problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sadly, if it's that far out
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 21, 2015 1:11 AM PST
In reply to: wifi problem

And replacing gear, redesigning the setup doesn't help it's time to get a pro in there.

It may be cheaper to replace the lone laptop with another. Remember I'm only working with your post and claims it's " the most complicated and unexplainable issue of the internet world. "

I've solved some hundreds over the years but let's go with what you claim here. It may be that the best solution is to swap that out. Again, I'm taking your word that you've reloaded and more.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
wifi problem
by roboster2013 / February 21, 2015 5:20 AM PST
In reply to: wifi problem

Greetings,

I have a couple of questions.

1. Are you picking up an IP from DHCP on your router?

2. Can you ping other devices on your LAN?

3. If no to question 2, are you able to ping both the IP address of your NIC, and the loopback?

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?