Pain to fix as Windows kept installing it's idea of what driver to use. The fix at the end of the day was this or that. Which you use depends on if this works and if not that.
1. Disable Windows Driver Updates. Not to be confused with Windows Update. Google how.
2. Go to the laptop maker's web site for your model to fetch and install the driver they offer. Answer YES to overwrite the driver as Windows might tell you Microsoft's choice is newer. NEWER IS NOT BETTER.
3. Reboot and re-setup.
1. Go get some USB WiFi stick.
2. Install and use that.
3. Disable onboard WiFi.
For the last few month I am experiencing problems with wifi. have several different cases.
1. Sometimes wifi turns off and I have red x symbol wifi symbol in taskbar. Troubleshooting problems helps it (problem with access point)
2. yellow !, disconnecting and connecting solves the problem.
3. There are around 15 wifi connections my laptop can find. Sometimes all of them disappear or only my home wifi is visible (when only my wifi is visible nothing happens, can not connect)
4. Wifi dissapears from adapter options. Only ethernet option is visible in control panel. Restarting pc (sometimes several times) helps.
5. I have 40 mbps internet. my download speed should be around 4.5 mb/ps. average download speed i have is 0.5mbps to 2 mbps. sometimes i get max speed.
This problem is only with my laptop. other laptop and smartphones are working fine.
Tried reinstalling windows, updating driver, reinstalling driver - did not help
Tried repairing laptop - did not help. They told me everything is OK and every factory test was successful.
Tried changing wifi channels, limit other devices speed - nothing helped.
I am using Windows 10 64 bit. My laptop is Asus X541UVK. If you are somehow familiar with similar problems, please, help.