General discussion

WIERD PROBLEMS

i hv been having this problem since the last few days.
my pc just shuts down while im working and this happens atleast twice a day.
when i start my pc again, the microsoft send report thing appears and it says the computer has recovered from a serious error.
when i click on the "more info about this error," a it tells me steps how i can fix this problem.
but none of the solutions work.
pls help me. thnx.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: WIERD PROBLEMS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: WIERD PROBLEMS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Abrupt shutdowns

Are you saying Windows shuts down or the power supply shuts down? These are two different issues with different causes. Power supply shut downs are usually due to a detected overload. This could be due to a heat issue, weak power supply, or some internal component failure. More details would be helpful including such as your machine's make/model, age, PS wattage, etc.

- Collapse -

windows shuts down. im sure of that.
my pc is hp compaq dx2390 microtower.
windows xp, version 2002, sp 3, been using since 3 years.
Intel(R)Pentium(R)Dual CPU, E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1.79GHz - 0.99GB of RAM.
i dont know how to check PS wattage.
Microsoft says its a blue screen error im experiencing.
thnx--appreciated

- Collapse -
Re: shutdown

When up again, have a look in the Event log to see what caused it. You didn't tell your OS (Windows XP, Vista, 7?) so I can't tell you how to access it in your case. Find out yourself or tell more.

Kees

- Collapse -
shutdown

i hv written it -- windows xp, version 2002, sp 3
i'll be sure to check the event log next time, thnx

- Collapse -
How many years old?
- Collapse -
Blue screen of death

I am trying to install a wireless adapter and not only does my PC shuts down but it sometimes gets a blue screen. How do I go about this?

- Collapse -
Re: installing adapter.

That seems to be a rather different problem. So please start a new thread and tell more details in it.

Kees

CNET Forums