General discussion

Wi-fi router / Belkin N+ (F5D8235) vs. TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

So... i need a new router after my old belkin pre-n f5d8230-4 stopped working.

I was looking at the two metioned above but now im confused. I do not want to buy an unreliable router... i have read many review but after reading those im even more confused on which to buy...

i have a 24mb down and 2mb up connection.and i want to make the most out of it.

Which one do you suggest?

Tnx

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Wi-fi router / Belkin N+ (F5D8235) vs. TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Wi-fi router / Belkin N+ (F5D8235) vs. TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Unreliable?

Today's electronics are sadly limited in life span so a dead router every few years is now the norm.

I've used Dlink, Netgear and the odd Belkin but TP Link is a brand I have yet to try since I have all the names including Linksys/Cisco to choose from.

Why TP Link?
Bob

- Collapse -
Which one?

know that... I just want a router which will work as it must.

So is Belkin any good or not? Some say that the usb port is not working well...

And TP-Link... I have heard that mac's dont like it a lot (its chipset or something)... Any truth in that?

So which would be the best? I have a mac and a pc that are always connected over wifi.

- Collapse -
About the USB port.

The usual gripe is that it can't power some USB drives. That's true for many PCs so nothing new here. Another problem is that some gripe about the supported file systems. Again, not a router exclusive issue.

As to the TP-Link and Apple issue. So far not a single router has given me issues with Apple gear.
Bob

- Collapse -
Belkin?

So you would recommend me the Belkin N+?

- Collapse -
Yes.
- Collapse -
re

I have heard that mac's dont like it a lot (its chipset or something)... Any truth in that?

- Collapse -
Given

Given how much trouble folk have, such a tale is not unexpected. I have yet to see any router an Apple will not connect to that adhers to the the standards. For example if my router is 802.11g, no issues. But then again I set them up per the Cnet Networking Forum advice.

You will find folk trying other methods and then claim it's a chip, maker or firmware issue.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info