Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

Question

Why won't Cnet Upload content higher than 720p?

by bwil1641 / January 5, 2016 9:03 PM PST

The fact that Cnet refuses to upload their content in anything other than 720p in 2016 leads me to believe they truly do not care about the content they create and how the users that intend to enjoy it. The fact that lesser funded and staffed "you-tubers" like mkbhd austin evans, david lee and countless others, just to name a few, are uploading reviews and unboxings in 4k if not a minimum 1080p is pretty embarrassing. Simply because they do not have nearly the same amount of funding as cnet and not only til recently have been recognized as "media". For these reasons alone I have unsubscribed from cnet. Although Cnet has great content with Brian Tong and the connected home series the literal dismissal of attention to detail is kind of off putting. Yes I know i am a small microcosm is Cnets massive viewing base but enough is enough... Attribute any grammar and spelling issues in this to frustration lol.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why won't Cnet Upload content higher than 720p?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why won't Cnet Upload content higher than 720p?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Thank you for your candid feedback!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 5, 2016 9:16 PM PST

While I don't have an answer for you, because I do not oversee the video side of things, I will let you know that I have passed your feedback to the appropriate team.

BTW no need to flood the forums with multiple duplicate posts. One is enough.

Thanks,
-Lee
CNET Community

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I have good news!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 29, 2016 2:48 PM PST

I spoke to the CNET video team, and in the next couple of weeks CNET videos will be available in 1080p. I'm going to spare you from the details of why it was only available in lower resolution, but the good news it will be coming shortly.

So please stayed tuned!
-Lee

Collapse -
Great!
by Dafydd Forum moderator / January 29, 2016 3:02 PM PST
In reply to: I have good news!

Dafydd.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.