Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

Why won't Internet Explorer & Craigslist function together?

Hi everyone:

Hope this one isn't too bizarre.

I wanted to post a classified ad on Craigslist tonight and if I try Internet Explorer when you get to the section of add title/content/etc. you can not type anything.

It looks as if you are seeing a PDF file that can't be edited.

If you go to FireFox or Chrome it is perfect.

I have a Windows 7 Computer/Verizon Fios/Dual Core.

Ran anti-virus/adware/spyware/malware and all showed perfect.

Why is Internet Explorer and Craigslist having an issue?

This also happened on a site called Dropbox where I could not delete a file with Internet Explorer but the other browsers were perfect.

Can you please tell me what is going on and what suggestions to rectify the issue?

Thank you for your time,
Craig

craigtheairplaneman has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why won't Internet Explorer & Craigslist function together?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why won't Internet Explorer & Craigslist function together?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by craigtheairplaneman

Collapse -
Link, comments.

In reply to: Why won't Internet Explorer & Craigslist function together?

1. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/craigslist.org.html
See the advice about refresh and cache clearing.

2. My comment. Addins and even antivirus suite "web safety" addons are blowing up left and right.
My fix. Dump such things and go get Web Of Trust and AdBlock+.
Oh, your browser doesn't have those? Use a browser that does!
Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Link, comments.

Thanks Bob for the link and information.

All the best,
CF

Collapse -
Answer
IE is simply buggy. Most here avoid it.

You have to use IE for Windows updates, but you can use Chrome or Firefox for just about everything else. That's what I and the majority of folks who post here do. MS is too busy trying to peddle the likes of their new Windows 8 user interface to test anything else adequately. That and trying to find a new CEO of course.

Collapse -

In reply to: IE is simply buggy. Most here avoid it.

Thanks for reply but do you have an actual reason/fix for the issue?

I can't believe one of the most popular sites in North America can't be 100 percent compatible with Internet Explorer.

Have a great night.

Collapse -
This is the place for what & how, not why!

Why IE is buggy is a question for MS. CNET is the place for answering what and how. I have to point out that my dog broke my crystal ball so since you neglected to tell us, we don't know what version of Windows or IE you have. If you want to get around the problem though, you've already been told the answer.
Collapse -
Why won't Internet Explorer & Craigslist function together

In reply to: This is the place for what & how, not why!

Hi wpgwpg:

Thanks for the response.

The version of Internet Explorer is the latest.

Thank you,

Collapse -

In reply to: This is the place for what & how, not why!

Hi again:

Windows 7 which was mentioned in the original post and Internet Explorer latest version.

Thank you.

Collapse -
The latest is IE11, but it's optional

You have to've opted to go to IE11 to have the latest. If that's what you have, you could try going back to IE10. The latest versions tend to take 6-12 months to stabilize after they become generally available. I'm still using IE10 on my 5 home PCs and the 28 PCs I support. All are running Windows 7, some Pro, some Home Premium.

Collapse -

In reply to: The latest is IE11, but it's optional

Thanks for reply.

My error, it has been Internet Explorer 10 not 11 and have had 10 since it's release.

All the best,
CF

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.