Rant

Why the pagification, duplication and resultant paper waste?

(see title) ex.: "10 things you should know about" (whatever) more and more seems to turn up as not just one web page (which should be easy to do) but multiple pages that each repeat the often lengthy disclosure and bio for the author when printed instead of having a reference (if necessary) on the other pages to the location at the end of the article (if that's where you put it) where even someone who has to use fingers or toes to count to ten should be able to find it. Yeah, I know that was a long sentence, but it all hangs together more or less so I'm going to leave it alone. As noted in the title, this almost always causes wasted paper due to duplicate content when printing out the entire article, not to mention messing up the flow of the article; if I were the author, I would be screaming at you for screwing it up like that. It sure would be nice if there was a way to print out such articles without all the extra baggage, so to speak. In this day and age, you might even get some kind of "green" award for saving lots and lots of trees. Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Why the pagification, duplication and resultant paper waste?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why the pagification, duplication and resultant paper waste?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is this in general

or a specific complaint about something in CNET? I'm unsure what you are getting at with no examples to look at.

Mark

- Collapse -
i think he means Tech Republic

CNET Forums