Samsung forum

Question

Why not Skype on my TV?

Have UE40B7070WWXXE and a Skype name. Ordered a camera from Skype, and they sendt me Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 for business. What is wrong?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why not Skype on my TV?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why not Skype on my TV?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
How odd!

In reply to: Why not Skype on my TV?

The only Skype cameras were those Samsung cameras. The Logitech 9000 while a fine camera is for a PC or Macintosh!

As these TVs are not PCs, we can't use such things.

I can't find any English page showing Skype on this HDTV. Hopefully you can return that Logitech.
Bob

Collapse -
Why not Skype on my TV

In reply to: How odd!

Thx. I will order a new camera, but does that mean my TV will not work with Skype even with a compatible camera? The 9000 was delivered from instoreshop.com.

Collapse -
Sorry.

In reply to: Why not Skype on my TV

I could not find this model HDTV on an English web page so I can't check if it has Skype.

Let me answer your question. Since a HDTV is not a PC it is not possible to use Skype or any web cam without a special version of Skype and camera. Since this is not cheap to implement, not all HDTVs will have this feature.

Hope this explains it for you.
Bob

Collapse -
He said so .....

In reply to: Sorry.

The salesman used Skype as an argument for buying Sad

Collapse -
Let me clarify.

In reply to: He said so .....

I can't find a web page in English showing that feature.

Let's say this model has Skype. You'll need the SAMSUNG SKYPE CAM for this model to use that feature.

HDTVs are not like PCs where we can use almost any camera.
Bob

Collapse -
On the Remote: INTERNETT@

In reply to: Let me clarify.

The salesman pointed at the button INTERNETT@ and covinced me that INTERNETT=Skype. So what limits are there in the firmware in my UE40B7070WWXXE ralated to other versions?

Collapse -
I fear you didn't read my reply.

In reply to: On the Remote: INTERNETT@

It appears you have more to discuss with that salesman and Samsung support in your country.
Bob

Collapse -
He has no serious knowledge.

In reply to: I fear you didn't read my reply.

Thats why I try this forum. So my last question was: So what limits are there in the firmware in my UE40B7070WWXXE ralated to other versions?

Collapse -
And I can't read the site about this model.

In reply to: He has no serious knowledge.

It's not in a language I understand.

This is where we have to refer you back to Samsung in your country.

But I do know that so far the Logitech 9000 is not for today's Samsung TVs. And that so far the only Skype Camera that is used on Samsung TVs is the one from Samsung.
Bob

Collapse -
SkypeForTV.com

In reply to: Why not Skype on my TV

I'm considering developing an OEM Skype set-top-box. If you're interested, sign up here:

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.