General discussion

Why my windows can't start after a update ?

Why my windows can't start after a update ? It will lead me to blue screen. I did try put windows recovery CD into but it just won't boot even i press F12 i try all method but still can't works.Anyone know how to fix this problem?I don't want to lost all my important document inside how can i do it?Any kind soul kindly help ? Thanks in advanceHappy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Why my windows can't start after a update ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why my windows can't start after a update ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Most common are

Malware damage and protection software suites. But here's the BIG CLUE. You can't boot the recovery CD so that points to machine issues.

Since Windows is not running at that time, Windows can't be the issue. We have to look to getting the CD and media booting again which is not a Vista issue.

And about the blue screen. Without what's on that screen I can't offer much. Try SAFE MODE?
Bob

- Collapse -
Re:

Bro,the blue screen will just hand there you can't do anything but to restart it.And i tried safe mode is still the same the problem always remain and stuck there.

- Collapse -
That's a good clue again.

That you have some real machine issues to fix. If the CD/DVD won't boot we get to fix that.

Too bad safe mode didn't change anything.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info