Samsung forum

Question

Why my Samsung TV is not recognizing a VGA Splitter signal?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to duplicate the image into a monitor and a Samsung l32a330j TV, but for some reason, the TV is not getting any signal. I've tested the splitter with another monitor and it works fine. I also tested this configuration with another TV and it does what is suposed to!

Is there any consideration with this particular model that I don't know?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why my Samsung TV is not recognizing a VGA Splitter signal?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why my Samsung TV is not recognizing a VGA Splitter signal?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you try the monitor detect line?

In reply to: Why my Samsung TV is not recognizing a VGA Splitter signal?

Collapse -
It works without the splitter!

In reply to: Did you try the monitor detect line?

Hi, thanks for your answer. I tried this without the splitter and it works, the TV "detects" an input by touching the 10th pin, but when I try it with the splitter, nothing happens. Does TV's recognition work different than monitor's? Because as I said, the splitter works great with 2 monitors.

Collapse -
(NT) Did you try the PIN 10 fix?

In reply to: It works without the splitter!

Collapse -
What do you mean with the PIN 10 fix?

In reply to: Did you try the PIN 10 fix?

I did exactly what it shows on the video.. I also tried that by connecting the splitter to the other end of the VGA cable (the one that is not connected to the TV) and do the same trick but nothing happens, it only worked directly with the VGA cable. Is like the 10th PIN on the splitter is missing or doesn't work, that's why it makes me think that monitors detect this connections in a different way...

Collapse -
In the video

In reply to: What do you mean with the PIN 10 fix?

They explain the function of pin 10 as well as how to over ride that. If that didn't make sense you need a tech or a better splitter. It does not sound like a fault with the set yet.

That is, Pin 10 was mandated in the original VGA design. Later some monitors didn't enforce it and then cables and other things dropped it. This is why you run into this once in a while.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.