Question

Why my laptop monitor doesn't show anything?

Hi all,

When i turn my laptop on i can see that all the lights go on as well as the CPU fan, but may monitor stays blank as if nothing is happening. Whould anyone pls help me?

Tks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Why my laptop monitor doesn't show anything?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why my laptop monitor doesn't show anything?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: monitor

That means: find a trusted repair shop. It will be cheaper if you still have warranty.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
No make or model.

Did you try the generic reset noted in the CNet Troubleshooting forum?

In short, remove AC, battery, hold power button for 60 seconds, let go, slip in battery, apply AC, try again.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanx.

This was helpfull, it is working now. the PC is a toshiba Sattelite 1500-1EL.

Thnx for your help.

Cheers.

- Collapse -
That helps many times.

It's a tech trick that you now know to keep handy.

You can also mark my answer as the one if you wish.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I had an issue like that after

i had a power outage. What happened was a memory module got shorted out and when i replaced the memory module it booted.

CNET Forums