Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Why my labtop screen suddenly turn big when i turn it on

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why my labtop screen suddenly turn big when i turn it on
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why my labtop screen suddenly turn big when i turn it on
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I think I got it

In reply to: Why my labtop screen suddenly turn big when i turn it on

Oh, that happens sometimes. The program is changing the resolution of your screen to match the in-game resolution.

Did you turn off your computer while you were playing?

Collapse -
Actually

In reply to: I think I got it

Try this for me: Run Audition and exit it normally.

Collapse -
game shutdown

In reply to: Actually

yea my computer crash so i shut down while playing it but i uninstalled audition and restart my computer many times

Collapse -
Let me explain

In reply to: game shutdown

You know how when you run a game, your screen flashes, and you might see it look a bit bigger before the game runs? This is because the game is changing the resolution. Smaller resolutions run faster, which is why a lot of games change it.

In order to fix your problem, go to control panel, appearance and resolution. From there, adjust the resolution bar to match your screen correctly.

Collapse -
Just sharing.

HP just issued some patch to my hp laptop's video system. It had to do with external displays and your issue rings a bell that sounds almost like their update.

I know some disable those updates but I installed it and it seems fine.
Bob

Collapse -
Simuliar problem with MSN

I have the same problem when ever I connect to MSN. Then when I click a tab it flashes back to the original resolution. But then iI click another tab and the resolution enlarges again. I couldn't figure it out so I just don't go to any of the sites.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.