The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Why Macs Suck

by johnkemnetz / March 1, 2006 9:18 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why Macs Suck
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why Macs Suck
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) wow os 9 yah uh no comment
by ythe1300 / March 1, 2006 9:23 PM PST
In reply to: Why Macs Suck
Collapse -
out of words hear take some
by wittkopper / March 2, 2006 6:38 AM PST

Thank you to the guy who made the video , i am a Pc user and i am tired of the Mac people's Ranting

Collapse -
And fittingly
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 7:01 AM PST

The best effort of the Mac bashers is as outdated and boring as their platform.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Been around
by Dirty Pirate / March 1, 2006 9:35 PM PST

Yah, that video has been around for a few years. I think someone did a spoof about being a MAC Gamer.. along the same lines. Both equally funny... Just crash different Wink

Collapse -
Even the Mac Bashing is Derivative
by pkscout / March 2, 2006 1:52 AM PST

I know this is mostly flame bait, so I'll mostly ignore it. It was derivative when it was released and now it's *old* and derivative.

-KyleNotBelividere

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I LOVED IT!
by AndyInTN / March 2, 2006 2:58 AM PST
Collapse -
It was almost funny...
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 3:19 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) I LOVED IT!

When I hopped into my time machine and travelled back 5 years and then pretended this ****** actually knew how to use a Macintosh.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Bingo
by rtemp / March 2, 2006 3:21 AM PST
In reply to: It was almost funny...

Although I do chuckle at the exploding iMac (shell).

-Ryan

Collapse -
Just laugh!
by AndyInTN / March 2, 2006 3:32 AM PST

You'll feel better Kevin. I laugh at Windows (and unfortunately) Linux all the time. Its funny. Laughter reduces stress levels.

Collapse -
Oh there's a lot to goof on
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 3:57 AM PST
In reply to: Just laugh!

with the Macintosh and find funny but with this video...

it's kind of like hearing an ugly fat joke about a celebrity that has since lost weight and looks smokin' hot.

And some of the stuff that might have passed as humor when it was current is kind of like an anorexic laughing at a person who is 2 pounds overweight.

But there was a chuckle or two in there. Like him kicking the old iMac thing, as Ryan mentioned and running around like a little girl off her Ritalin meds.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Do you make an effort to be a boring person...
by Jasmes / March 2, 2006 7:18 AM PST

Or does it come naturally?

The video is damn funny.

Collapse -
not that funny
by ythe1300 / March 2, 2006 11:01 AM PST

Really guys it's not that funny it's really kind of annoying with the childish behavior.

Philip P.

Collapse -
It takes work
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 3:25 PM PST

Some aren't born with the gift like you.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Zing.
by Jasmes / March 3, 2006 2:48 AM PST
In reply to: It takes work

We got ourselves a regular Chris Rock right here.

Collapse -
/ignore
by MacHugger / March 3, 2006 2:59 AM PST
In reply to: Zing.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Been there ...
by LifeStar / March 2, 2006 4:11 AM PST

Man, this video has up for at least 2 years. It's been converted into so many formats I haven't the slightest clue how it began.

Good to remember, but not sure if it's true anymore though.

Collapse -
Just outta curiousity
by wizardjs / March 2, 2006 5:33 AM PST

When this was made, did all that stuff not happen on windows? Cuz if not then Gates is going backwards

Collapse -
it's funny...
by engineer331 / March 2, 2006 7:05 AM PST

Haven't seen this one in a while. It's still really funny.

Thanks for posting it. I can see you've already got some angry comments, and I'm sure there will be more to follow. I never understood why technically oriented people are so irrational. Insult their OS of choice and they take it as a personal slight. All well, maybe this will be a reminder to just lighten up.

Collapse -
I wouldn't be bothered
by rtemp / March 2, 2006 7:13 AM PST
In reply to: it's funny...

If they actually had some valid points to make fun of.

Besides, he used the term "executable" in reference to a Mac app, and that's just not cool.

-Ryan

Collapse -
It no use trying to make a point
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 7:48 AM PST
In reply to: I wouldn't be bothered

Since we've already made it ten times, Ryan.

I laugh at all sorts of goofs on the Mac and Mac-style marketing. But it has to have relevance and actually be funny.

I don't know if you remember the original multi-colored iMac ad with a rainbow of Imacs spinning around in a "joyous serenade." Well, somebody took this concept further and replaced the macs with a bunch of multi colored vibrators.

God, I don't think I laughed so hard at anything in my life. I chuckled for hours afterward at just the thought of it.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
The iBrator ad - click heree
by MacHugger / March 2, 2006 7:58 AM PST
Collapse -
lol
by rtemp / March 2, 2006 8:45 AM PST

There we go, topical and thought-out spoof.

-Ryan

Collapse -
Mac Gamers?
by engineer331 / March 2, 2006 7:39 AM PST
Collapse -
Funny you mention that site Kevin ...
by barret55 / March 2, 2006 2:02 PM PST
In reply to: Mac Gamers?
Collapse -
Yawn
by canuckmakem / March 2, 2006 1:25 PM PST

I'm a Mac user and only recently switched from Windoze. Try it... you might like it.

Collapse -
SO funny, and SO true *LOL*
by deirdrew / March 2, 2006 10:44 PM PST

I can't tell you how hard it is for me to keep a straight face when my customers who switched to Mac call me after the first hang. They just sputter about how they heard Macs were invincible, blah, blah, blah.

My own iMac G5 is basically just my toy when I feel like goofing off and not actually accomplishing anything. Only program I really like on it (though it is STILL so unstable I won't buy it, yet) is the 3rd party OmniWeb for web browsing.

Even with a fresh OS X install, I don't think it has gone longer than an hour without something crashing.

Collapse -
Maybe you got a bum Mac
by barret55 / March 3, 2006 12:09 AM PST

I use a PowerBook as my work computer, and a Mini at home, and have used them for months on end, hacking, playing, updating, basically running them into the ground.

How many times has my PB crashed?
Once.

The Mini?
Not yet.

Just my $.02.

-Terry

Collapse -
My advice...
by mwaldyke / March 3, 2006 2:40 AM PST

Take your iMac to the nearest Apple Store and get it fixed before the warrantee is off. It sounds like you got bad RAM or a bad logic board.

My Macs do not crash since I went to OS X. Ever. An application will crash or freeze sometimes (rarely) but the OS continues happily on its way. The only time my home machine gets restarted is after an update that requires a restart.

Be assured that your iMac is not typical. And it can get better. That's what warrantees are for.

Collapse -
right
by deirdrew / March 3, 2006 5:33 AM PST
In reply to: My advice...

that would explain why other people's Macs crash so often ... not. Please, we are all aware of the rabid Mac fans who can't admit OS X crashes all the time.
Techs don't swallow that dogma, sorry.

Collapse -
They don't crash often
by MacHugger / March 3, 2006 5:47 AM PST
In reply to: right

I work in a department full of Macintosh computers running OSX and it's very rare that you hear of a full-on system crash. It just doesn't happen. It's more common to have an application crash but even those are just on occasion and usually the same offender.

To be fair, I rarely hear of the blue screen of death on the PCs that function in here either. If the person operating and maintaing the computers knows what they are doing and don't overload the system with garbage, spyware, etc. they tend to function beautifully.

If you aren't exaggerating to flame bait (which I suspect) then you have a problem with your Mac that should be fixed.

-Kevin S.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?