Question

Why is my Keyboard KBD1500 not working with YouTube app?

I have the UN55ES8000F with the latest firmware.

When I try to use the Samsung's own Youtube on TV app, my Smart Wireless Keyboard KBD1500 doesn't work with it.

It does work just fine with the web browser and such.

Am I missing something?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Why is my Keyboard KBD1500 not working with YouTube app?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why is my Keyboard KBD1500 not working with YouTube app?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Keep in mind, there is no Samsung Youtube app.
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: Why is my Keyboard KBD1500 not working with YouTube app?

mystiky,

I see you posted regarding this issue over here: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-571612/how-do-i-contact-samsung-re-apps/

But since you give more details here, I'll respond in a little more depth: If it does not have the Samsung keyboard overlay then the app has not included keyboard support, the app manufacturer needs to create a newer app that will has keyboard support. Here's an article on that: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=410763&modelname=UN55ES8000F&modelcode=UN55ES8000FXZA

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
Keyboard and Apps

I actually went back to Sears and returned the Keyboard as it's as of now, is pretty much useless. The fact that:

1) Samsung cannot get other BIG co's like Youtube or Netflix to support their products is a shame. And please don't tell me that that Samsung is putting preassure on these guys. If they did, things would get solved / updated much faster. The Youtube applet has not been updated since February 2012. Why would I want a $100 keyboard to surn the internet on a $2600 TV?

2) The Web Explorer still doesn't support Adobe Flash, meaning a lot of videos / websites are useless. Where is Samsung on this?

3) AllShare does not allow swtiching within embedded languages or turn on/off subtitles (on MKV files). For god's sake, AllShare is still version 1.0.

4) AllShare software for PC is still not has been updated since April.

I am happy to see many firmware updates for the TV itself, but until Samsung get their act together in improving the SmartHub and its apps, I remain dissapointed.

HD Tech, would love to hear your replies on this.

- Collapse -
Re: Keyboards and Apps

Hi mystiky,

Regarding your points 1, 3, and 4 together, I'm sorry we don't have any more updates for your at this time. I'd love to tell you that they're coming soon or something like that, but I don't know anything for sure, so I can't promise anything for sure.

Regarding your point 2, our TVs do support flash 10.1, but it's a limited flash experience.
- 5 maximum number of instances per page
- Doesn't support 'Zoom' feature
- Doesn't support multiple videos playing
- Transparent mode isn't available

Hope this clears up some things.

HD Tech

- Collapse -
more on issues

Where or WHO then knows about points 1, 3, 4? Is someone working on these? Or even trying to work on these? I spoke to your tier-2 tech support and they are also unaware of anything.

As far as Flash, it's pointless. Some easy examples:

ESPN3 does not work.
Olympics 2012 did no stream.

The fact that Samsung advertises this TV as "Smart TV" is nt right.

Another question while I have your attention: When streaming a moview from Allshare, is there any way to fast-forward faster than just hitting the right arrow key? Like getting a 4x or 8x scroll forward or back?

I am not trying to come across as a hater of Samsung, but it's such a GREAT TV but so many of the other things that are supposed to enhance it are just useless.

- Collapse -
Re: more issues

Hey mystiky,

Regarding your previous points, I've already said a bit, so I'll let that stand for now. I understand what you've said, and I know you'd like more details or explanations, but I simply can't speculate. Sorry.

Regarding the function in Allshare you mentioned, I know of no other way at this time, but I assume you'd like the 4x and 8x to be options, right?

I totally understand your frustrations. They seem like simple things, but I've learned when dealing with electronics and software; what you thought was simple and straightforward is often far less so. But I appreciate your feedback, so if you have more, please keep it coming.

HD Tech

CNET Forums