TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Why is Denon processor so expensive..

by john7744 / August 24, 2005 6:52 AM PDT

while we can direct link components? Is the digital processor really worth that much (3 grands or more) or it is just a hype?.
Any insights and explanations are appreciated.
Regards,
J.N

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why is Denon processor so expensive..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why is Denon processor so expensive..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why is Denon processor so expensive..????
by jcrobso / August 24, 2005 7:00 AM PDT

What is the model #????? Do you have web link???

Collapse -
Shop around
by mrobzo / August 24, 2005 10:11 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Thanks Mrobzo for the link and response!
by john7744 / August 24, 2005 11:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Shop around
Collapse -
Why is Denon processor so expensive..
by jcrobso / August 25, 2005 12:27 AM PDT

Well I think the only thing they left out was the kitchen sink.
Spend some time looking at the specs. This unit has 140 watts per cahnnel, most have 50~60.
Here at the Radio station we use Dennon tuners to monitor our off the air signal. John

Collapse -
jcrobso!!!
by john7744 / August 25, 2005 3:42 AM PDT

<...Well I think the only thing they left out was the kitchen sink...>
That's good :-).
Thanks
Regards,
J.N

Collapse -
In this case big $ = big performance
by TiVolution / August 25, 2005 4:07 AM PDT

Denon makes a great product and that is reflected in their pricing. If you are looking to spend less you should check out their next model down which also gets great reviews. I think you'd be happy with the Denon for HT and music.

If you still can't bear the cost, you could check out internet only retailers such as www.outlawaudio.com or www.av123.com for some interesting alternate choices.

Collapse -
Be wary of internet sales
by terrmul / August 25, 2005 5:56 AM PDT

Make sure whoever you're buying from is an authorised dealer. If not Denon, like most manufacturers, will not honor the manufacturer warranty. Sometimes buying from a reputable store or custom installer has the advantages of customer service particularly if you're unsure of specs and what they mean/what you need!

Terry Mulholland
CEO/Owner
Beyond Home Theater
www.beyondhometheater.com

Collapse -
Terry.. questions!!
by john7744 / August 25, 2005 6:28 AM PDT

Thanks for your advice.
Regards,
J.N

Collapse -
Agree ...
by TiVolution / August 25, 2005 11:14 PM PDT

... I was not suggesting buying the Denon from anyone but an authorized dealer. If you are making a big investment like this, I agree that an authorized dealer is a must. The "internet only" retailers that I listed produce and sell their own products. Since budget is an issue for many folks the cost efficiency of an internet direct retailer's business model makes this a good option for some folks. Of course, you are right that buying from one of these companies requires a lot more time spent researching than buying from the trusted store in town. However, I think for some folks this is a good option and there is room for both in the marketplace.

Collapse -
TiVolution!!!
by john7744 / August 26, 2005 2:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Agree ...

I bought my Pioneer PRO-1410HD from an internet store after an exhausted research :-). While it is 100% true that most of the internet store uses "bait and switch" technique to lure your attention with ridiculous low prices and the they will charge you on some stupid charges after you agree to buy their products. On the other hand, the brick-and-mortar store are selling the same product with a ridiculous price tags too. Case in point, the plasma I bought is only a bit more than half of what Best Buy is selling which is more than $13,500.00.
The Plasma is brand new and made by Pioneer. Although the store is not authorized Pioneer Dealer they do offer the same warranty as Pioneer's store. Now this brings up several very interesting questions:
- Where did these internet stores buy the Plasma from?
- If they buy from pioneer then how come Pioneer sells their products to these internet stores and then doesn't warranty their products?
- Why the brick-and-mortar stores are selling at double price? I understant the overhead costs are high for the these stores but jacking up the price double is really ridiculous. I don't know if they can survive the competition in this internet age with such business models.
Just MO.
Regards,
J.N

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?