Question

Why has my ?Copy? and ?Cut and Paste? function become lazy?

My Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition's "copy," "cut and paste" function has an irritating trait of having a delay before it will copy or cut, and the same delay for the paste. The delay can be as long as 10 to 20 seconds in a Word document, and even longer in Excel spreadsheets. Rarely, however, the function will, for no apparent reason, recover to its "normal" state of instant copy, cut, or paste. However, when the computer is restarted, it will resume the delay. I believe an occasional delay in closing documents may also be related to this overall problem.
Some other information may be helpful. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, Ultimate Edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 computer. The problem started about 6 months after I got the computer. I do not consider myself expert, or even moderately so, in computer tech work.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Why has my ?Copy? and ?Cut and Paste? function become lazy?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why has my ?Copy? and ?Cut and Paste? function become lazy?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Some antivirus suites scan that clipboard.

Ask the maker of the antivirus how to test for that.

- Collapse -
Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you R. Proffitt for your suggestion. I am using MS Security Essentials Win 7 64 bit. I will follow up, but I have never had much success in reaching places like Microsoft for tech help. They seem to have built a really great firewall around themselves.

- Collapse -
Which is why I uninstall addons until I find it.
Bob

CNET Forums