What is Whiteboard Animation?
Whiteboard Animation is a video style where the viewer can see static images drawn on the screen. Typically, the script is structured as a third-person narration or a use-case example, that supports the story that is told through the drawing. They are simple, yet incredibly engaging.
If you have ever seen such a video you will understand its hypnotic nature. Watching the words and images unfold throughout the video is mesmerizing. Making a whiteboard video an incredibly effective tool. Whiteboard animation is particularly useful in explaining complicated concepts in a straightforward manner. However, it can really be used by any kind of business with awesome results.
In today’s fast-paced culture we are inundated with information. And so we SCAN what comes at our TV, web browsers, and email. Whiteboard animation is “cool” and relatively new. It is creative story telling in its finest form: short attention grabbing video using artwork to tell the story. Your story.
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words, but what if you didn’t need to choose? Whiteboard animation videos are an essential tool for marketers trying to convey complex ideas in a compelling way — without ‘talking heads’ or expensive video production. Because they blend professional quality audio with real-time illustrations that come to life before the viewer’s eyes, whiteboard animation makes even dry material interesting.
7 Reasons Why Whiteboard Animation Videos Convert More Viewers into Buyers
1. Whiteboard animation videos are an exciting and innovative way to advertise and market your services and products. When compared with other types of advertisement, they are very economical. Whiteboard videos are able to be created to cater to a very specific message or service with little to none of the extra fluff that you may find in other types of animated videos. A whiteboard video is written to be focused; your message comes across uncluttered, thus allowing your message to be heard loud and clear.
2. They are fun! If done correctly and with an impactful and effective script, they can be very entertaining to the viewer. By creating an informative video that is still fun, people view your company as one that they want to do business with.
3. Whiteboard videos can be placed anywhere, allowing for great flexibility for your marketing. They can be placed directly on your homepage, or on any page on your website, and can be created to specifically relate to the page they are placed on.
4. They are memorable! When potential customers remember your video, they remember you and your product or service. When they remember you, they tell other people about you.
5. When used creatively, whiteboard videos can actually make it easy for your fans and customers to help evangelize your product or service. Placing your video on social marketing sites allows them to be shared and commented on. This spreads the word about you and builds up your following.
6. With the talent of a professional writer, the powerful message of your whiteboard video will tell the viewer how it fits in their life, how it will benefit them, and how they will use it. The video informs your viewer how and why they cannot live without it, rather than simply giving them step by step instructions. For this, you need to have a very strong script for your video.
7. The most important reason why whiteboard videos will convert more of your viewers into buyers is that there is a specific call to action. The viewer will know exactly what they need to do, whether it is visiting a specific site, call a telephone number, or purchase a product, and where they need to go to complete that task.
While all seven of the reasons mentioned in this article plays an important role in the converting of viewers to customers, whiteboard videos show their greatest conversions when all of these are used in some form. In addition to a powerful and specific call to action, whiteboard animation videos are more economical to produce than most other types of videos.
In order to have an effective whiteboard video, you must first understand your ultimate call to action for the viewer. Once you know this the script and video can be produced. By knowing your product and knowing the important keys of your viewers’ response, you will be well on the right path to converting them to buyers.
Four Reasons Why Your Next Marketing Move Should Be A Whiteboard Animation Video
Here are four more reasons to consider whiteboard animation for your next null +0% marketing project:
1. The process is surprisingly simple.
The thought of putting together any marketing video can be daunting. They draft a script and create visual storyboards. Once the script is edited and approved, a voice-over artist is selected to do the audio. Only when the audio is complete It’s the job of the animator to bring the storyboard elements to life for the final cut. Animator interprets storyboards into the final film. This means the actual drawings in the film are not only cleaner but may vary slightly in style depending on the fabulous animator doing the handiwork!”
The entire process can be completed in just a few weeks, with minimal time and input from your team. The final product is a professional quality video illustrating your custom promotional pitch.
2. The cost is often much less than expected.
Making a marketing video of any quality can be both time-consuming and costly, especially if you are aiming for good video and sound quality. Whiteboard animation is done on a per-minute basis and because you approve the script in advance, you can influence the final cost by trimming the script to essentials only.
3. Science proves that whiteboard animation is compelling
The metaphorical aspect of whiteboard animations, coupled with the advantage of displaying the full visual history on one canvas, provides a message format best-suited for long-term memory retention. In other words, viewers tend to retain the information they see in whiteboard videos longer than presentations in other media. Furthermore, the cartoon-style animation holds viewers' attention substantially longer than other types of videos, which leads to better viewer interest and retention.
The simpler the object is, the less effort the brain needs to process and relate to the image. “Applying this neuro-psychology to whiteboard videos vs. talking heads, we are wired to pay more attention to the simplicity of whiteboard videos. All the while, this frees up processing power to digest the narrative. The use of the artist's hand in a whiteboard animation provides a vivid visual progression, where viewers consume this information one step at a time in a logical sequence — which keeps the viewer engaged and prevents the wasteful wandering of attention.”
On top of a conducive learning structure, the step-by-step unveiling of the key message in an anticipation-building, cartoonish fashion causes lots of little bursts of the feel-good neurotransmitter, dopamine. Watchers of whiteboard videos are literally rewarded by their own brains to keep on watching your message.
4. Whiteboard content is naturally viral.
Link removed by moderator.