HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Why does Sprint not care about its customers?

by Danwo / October 23, 2007 7:27 AM PDT

I've been with them for years, before the takeover of Nextel, and one thing I know for fact is that Sprint does not care at all. The phones are terrible. The Palm Centro? The LG Rumor? What is this, a joke? And don't say the HTC Mogul because not everybody likes to pay $300 dollars for a smartphone (see: Blackjack 2) And the customer service is God-awful. Only if wireless carriers actually cared about what their customers think of them. Big if.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why does Sprint not care about its customers?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why does Sprint not care about its customers?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sprint - poor service
by Robyn324 / October 23, 2007 11:28 AM PDT

I went into a local store a few days ago to see the new Centro since I was looking for an entry level Smart phone. The salesman couldn't give me five minutes with no one in the store. He said his 'boss' would have the phone in a couple of days and they'd call me back. Never heard from them again. I went looking for online reviews and wasn't impressed - moved on. Haven't heard or read anything good about their service anywhere recently either.

Collapse -
sprint = awful
by etiahwhite / October 23, 2007 1:58 PM PDT

Your right Sprint does has awful customer service. I had sprint for nearly 6 years and about 3 years ago I started to notice problems with them...My first issue with sprint is that they always seem to be last when it comes to getting that latest innovations in phones. I can't think of time when they've ever had the coolest must have phone. It took them over 2 years to get a freakin razr. What really turned me against sprint was when I added a line of service and upgraded my two other phones...I went to a store and as we all know they work off commission so all they care about is getting the sale...I upgraded my phone and the sales associate failed to inform me that by changing phones my old plan no longer applied...that one visit set off a billing nightmare for 3 solid months I was over billed and over charged...I spent atleast 3 hours a month for 3 months on the phone with customer service...I took notes of all all my conversations, dates, times, and names. One day I called about my contract and spoke with 4 different people and was either called a liar or hung up on until one person finally took it upon themselves to look in the high priority notes on my account and see that I was right. No cell phone company is perfect and they all have issues but I finally had my fill of sprint and ported my numbers elsewhere...Now I'm gearing up to fight them about charging me early termination fees when they shouldn't have...I remember a few months back when they canceled service on problem customers I wish they had sent me one of those letters.

Collapse -
Go figure
by garyjah / October 23, 2007 4:58 PM PDT
In reply to: sprint = awful

I recently signed up with Sprint and I have to say, my experience has been nothing but great. At TWO different Sprint stores, the sales person gave me as much time and information as I wanted. The BOTH took the time to explain virtually everything about Sprint and the phones I was interested in. To top it off, I got my activation waived, my first month's charges waived and a discount on my phone. When , a couple weeks later, there was an error on the Sprint website (re: my account), I went back in to the store, the salesman took care of the problem in less than 5 minutes. Maybe it's a location thing, but around here it's been great.

Collapse -
Sprint's been great for me
by mklfrmn / October 24, 2007 4:13 AM PDT

I've had Sprint for over two years, and am probably going to renew my contract with them. I've never had a bad experience with them, over the phone, or in the stores. Sure, they have some crappy phones, what carrier doesn't? And smartphones are always pricey without a contract (as are cell phones in general). I have the Samsung A900, which is a flip, not a smartphone, but it's an excellent phone that does everything I could do with my treo, just a much smaller form factor. The value of the service is excellent, the data speeds are excellent with EVDO. For what I get, I'm spending between $40- $60 a month less than I'd be paying with another provider. As you can see, I'm a happy customer. =)

Collapse -
Why does Sprint not care about its customers?
by haterdan / October 25, 2007 12:43 AM PDT

I dont think they dont care, cause they do they just have to many reps. that dont care and need to be removed. To many have been through the NO era. Also the company acts as if its has to different divisions. Ever call customer service get an answer and then go to the retail store and get another. Thats the problem. here is one more how come i can get a phone online for one price but i cant get it for the same in the store. The company needs to get it together instead of acting as two brands

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.