PC Applications forum

General discussion

why does itunes keep losing my songs?

by LoansbySteve / March 1, 2007 7:06 AM PST

every now and then when im using itunes, it starts to lose my songs and if i want to play them i have to dig deep into my folders and find them again. sometimes my songs are deleted off my computer all together and i cant find them. there are also times when new folders are created and songs are moved around. i'm using windows xp. this is how i organize my folders. in the "my music" folder i have folders for each artist, and then under each artist i have the album, and then the songs are in each album folder.

whats the problem here?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: why does itunes keep losing my songs?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: why does itunes keep losing my songs?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You might be using Windows media player to play songs too
by Tlil / March 2, 2007 9:15 AM PST

Windows media player has a option of "rearange music in rip music folder, using rip music settings" that will create folders in your my music folder with the artist/album/song ect. and relocate all your music to it, then itunes looses it. to turn that off you should go to windows media player, tools, options, library(tab), and uncheck the box. this happened to me and i just stoped using windows media player to play mp3's,

Collapse -
but i never use wmp anymore
by LoansbySteve / March 2, 2007 12:53 PM PST

is there some kind of background microsoft vs. apple war going on in my desktop? i arranged my songs the way i mentioned. my music/artist/album/song and i told itunes that all my music is in "my music". so your saying that both programs are mixing each other up or something? ugh i cant wait to get a mac.

Collapse -
UNCHECK THE NOTED BOX.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2007 11:25 PM PST

Or else...

Collapse -
k thanks
by LoansbySteve / March 3, 2007 5:36 AM PST
In reply to: UNCHECK THE NOTED BOX.

i unchecked the box. now i have to go find everything and reorganize manually and tell itunes where to look *sigh*.

Collapse -
Please Help
by Rachmmcc / May 4, 2010 10:10 PM PDT
In reply to: k thanks

i am having the same problem and it is frustrating the crap out of me. i have been searching the net for weeks trying to find someone that knows the answer to this. Please help.

Collapse -
The problem as I see it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 31, 2010 12:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Please Help

Is you buried your new post under a 2007 discussion. Some may miss your new request.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?