The WHY question is difficult or impossible to answer from a distance, and probably also from nearby.
So that leaves the HOW TO SOLVE question.
Things I'd try:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the software.
2. System restore back to when it still worked.
3. Back to your latest image when it still worked.
4. Back to factory conditions (= reinstall Windows)
5. Switch to another security solution.
I just registered to find new helpers, hopefully, here.
I'm using free Comodo Internet Security for several years now and managed to solve all problems on my own respectively with help of their forums. But this time they are not helping me at all for some reason.
The update process starts and claims to be checking until one shuts down Windows.
That's why I tried a lot, but I won't write it all down now, because I don't to waste time and mislead into wrong directions.
Ask me to do/write stuff which might help so that the software updates itself again as it's meant to be.
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Comodo Internet Security Premium
- updating Comodo does not work while it did before
- no other known issues
Please help me.