Avast & AVG forum

Question

why do I keep getting a message saying AVG license Error

by ker-6 / September 3, 2013 6:43 AM PDT

When I downloaded the AVG 2014 FREE version it said my license is not recognized and if this continues to occur I should re install. I decided to un install the program restarted my computer and reinstalled the program. The message is continuing to pop up.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: why do I keep getting a message saying AVG license Error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: why do I keep getting a message saying AVG license Error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
2014? I only see 2013
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2013 6:55 AM PDT
Collapse -
PS Folks. 2014 is now out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2014 4:46 AM PDT
In reply to: 2014? I only see 2013

Try to avoid dredging up old posts. Make new ones.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re. why do I keep getting a message saying AVG license Error
by Jan_AVG AVG Staff / September 4, 2013 1:52 AM PDT

Hi ker-6,

We are of this issue and working on a fix. I recommend following this article to fully re-install AVG which should help in this case.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Jan

Collapse -
AVG free licence error
by Snapester94 / August 28, 2014 4:43 AM PDT

I'm having the same problem, so I un-installed... it but when I try to re install it, it brings up they registry key request box with a registry key already entered?

Collapse -
Did you read the above response from AVG ?
by itsdigger / August 28, 2014 4:49 AM PDT
In reply to: AVG free licence error
Collapse -
Answer
solution
by DavidChaze / September 6, 2013 12:00 AM PDT

what are you trying to do when you get this error message? The message itself is telling you that AVG setup or update is currently running, therefore it will only allow (1) instance of it to run, not multiple. You should be able to see it if you open your task manager; if necessary you can kill the process there as well. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
the solution is helpful
by melodyluo89 / October 6, 2014 6:19 PM PDT
In reply to: solution

i faced the same problem as the thread starter and i tried your solution.it is OK now.
thanks a lot.

Collapse -
Not "trying to do" anything. Message pops up at boot-up
by in_jenious / February 5, 2016 9:28 AM PST
In reply to: solution

I am having the same issue. It started yesterday. I tried to run an update, but AVG will not run. Uninstall/reinstall failed. I will run the removal tool and re-install, but messages like this are exactly what you don't want to see in your antivirus software, eh? (I mean, yes you want to see them if something is wrong, but no, you don't want to see them because you don't want the software to fail.) So it goes.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.