General discussion

Why cleaner air could speed global warming

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Why cleaner air could speed global warming
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why cleaner air could speed global warming
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Oh, I don't know ...

For better or for worse, I don't think that the world governments will actually be able to deliver on any of the goals of CO2 reduction or pollution reduction on a worldwide scale.

My suspicion is that there will be plenty of soot and aerosols to go around for a while.

- Collapse -
(NT) It's just a lot of hot air.
- Collapse -
Indeed ...

I think I know what you mean, but you might want to be careful in your analysis. A whole lot of hot air (or at least warmer air) is EXACTLY what the 'climate change' crowd are worried about.

- Collapse -
Maybe they ought to get used to it...

It's all the dinosaurs had until an ice age killed them. Come to think of it I'm not aware of any of Earth's extinctions that happened because of warming. I think they were all ice ages caused by impacts or volcanoes.

- Collapse -
Why is it that so many of the answers to these issues

are counter-intuitive? They say in physics that if an idea sounds sensible it's guaranteed to be wrong, but the crazier the idea, the better chance it has to be right.

Look up Penguin Diagram on Wikipedia. My late friend Nathan Isgur was there when the bet was made, and subsequently when the Penguin diagram was brought forward as an explanation.

Rob

CNET Forums

Forum Info