Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

why cant i export pics from adobe reader

by dolimite / July 17, 2007 6:31 AM PDT

i can open the pdf file just fine but when i go to export pics i get a bunch of jpg's with no picture's can someone please help me?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: why cant i export pics from adobe reader
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: why cant i export pics from adobe reader
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The author usually has them.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 17, 2007 6:51 AM PDT

One of the basic ideas of PDFs is to give back control to the author. Said pictures are best obtained from the author.

This is not a bug, it's not broken, it's doing exactly what it should be doing to protect the author's work.

Bob

Collapse -
just family pics
by dolimite / July 17, 2007 7:28 AM PDT

thay are a bunch of old family pictures that got put into a .pdf file and sent to me

Collapse -
Then email them and ask for the pictures.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 17, 2007 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: just family pics

Otherwise you press printscreen, paste into a paint program, crop and save.

Again, this is not broken but how PDF readers work.

Bob

Collapse -
(NT) ok then thanks for your help
by dolimite / July 17, 2007 12:16 PM PDT
Collapse -
In addition, if you have photoshop...
by grimgraphix / July 21, 2007 1:07 AM PDT

you should be able to open the file with photoshop (if the file is not password protected). You should then be able to crop and save any photos out of thee file. Make sure you use the save as function and save the individual images under a different name or you will over write and lose your original file. Also make sure you save the images as a jpeg.

As Bob mentioned... the best solution is to get the original pics sent to you (at the highest resolution the originals were made at). Best printing resolution for a photograph starts at 300 dpi and goes up from there. If the original photo is a low resolution file then increasing the resolution will not add detail.

Collapse -
(NT) thank's for the help
by dolimite / July 21, 2007 2:36 PM PDT
Collapse -
How to save a pic from Adobe Reader?
by taboma / August 3, 2007 3:14 PM PDT

dolimite, We do this commercial all the time. Get the image as large as you can get within AR.
Take a screen shot of it. It will go to your desktop as photo 1.
Open the photo, crop and save it as you will in whatever program that you have for photo imaging. You can use Paint or Photoshop. That way you do not need the sourse. EASY!

-Kevin

Collapse -
thanks
by dolimite / August 4, 2007 2:28 PM PDT

and when i take a screen shot it goes to my clipboard and i don't know where my clipboard is can you help me please

Collapse -
Screenshot
by taboma / August 15, 2007 10:24 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

Usually goes to your desktop. Are you PC or Mac? If PC do you have PAINT? You can usually open the screenshot with paint and save it as a jpeg.
In Mac the screenshot will go to your desktop as a .png. You can open it with photoshop or an imaging software app.

-Kevin

Collapse -
i use a pc
by dolimite / August 15, 2007 1:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Screenshot

i have paint but it just does not show up on may desktop where can it be?

Collapse -
Using a PC?
by taboma / August 16, 2007 4:58 PM PDT
In reply to: i use a pc

Open Paint and a new document. Draw a image block and Paste in your picture that was a screen shot from the clip board. Save that image as a jpg to your desk top. I have done it on a PC before.
My real system is a macintosh.
I will ask my PC friends to explain it precisely to you.
Stay tuned!

-Kevin

Collapse -
Stay tuned?Here it is from my IT friend in Conn.?
by taboma / August 21, 2007 12:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Using a PC?

This is from my friend, Mike, in CN.
The man is so smart.
When you take a screen shot on a PC, it is only stored on the clip board. There isn't a physical file that is produced like on a mac. I would reccomend hitting print screen, and doing just as you've described. I would launch paint which should automatically open a new paint document. Once paint is open, either right click to paste or hit ctrl V to paste the screen shot into the paint document. You can then save the file in the desired format.

I knew my IT guy would explain it to a PC user exactly.
Now, try it and you will see that it works for you.

-Kevin

Collapse -
thanks
by dolimite / August 21, 2007 12:33 PM PDT

success!!!! it work's thank you everybody if i could buy you all a steak i would but sense im broke:( my thanks will have to be a nuff

Collapse -
Thanks?
by taboma / August 21, 2007 3:21 PM PDT
In reply to: thanks

dolimite. Your thanks are enough.
If you are ever in the Boston area maybe we can share a beer together.
Have fun on your computer.

-Kevin

Collapse -
PAINT?
by taboma / August 21, 2007 12:34 PM PDT
In reply to: i use a pc

dolimite, On a PC, open your Applications. It is there. Right click on Paint and open it. Open a new doc there and paste in the image that is on your clip board. The image that you took a screen shot from the Adobe reader image. Do a save-as to your desk top and name the file.

It is not the easiest for me to explain how to use a PC to you. I am a professional Mac user. I also have a PC that I use for games. However, I still know some of my PC training and all the Apps that I used.
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
Just go to start! :

Collapse -
Export PDF
by aleger4 / October 10, 2009 12:21 AM PDT
In reply to: PAINT?

very easy with PDF X-viewer (freeware). Just by clicking on "export" in the "file"-menu.

Collapse -
PDF Instructions,
by president009 / October 29, 2009 4:57 PM PDT

In order to get images from the PDF file into the program of your choice you will have to select the graphic, copy it and then paste it into the program. It is really very easy to do.

1. Open the PDF file in a Reader.
2. Click on the Snapshot Tool on your Adobe Reader toolbar.

3. Using your mouse and starting at a corner of the graphic, click and hold and drag your mouse diagonal to the corner opposite of your starting point. You may have to wiggle your mouse around to get it to go to the bottom of the page. The entire graphic should be selected. You will see a blink when you release the mouse and a box will appear stating that it was copied to your clipboard.

4. Open the graphics/photo editing program of your choice and paste the image into the working space. Programs vary so we can't give instructions for EVERY program, but usually you can right click in the working space in the program and select Paste or click on Edit at the top of the program and select paste. Sometimes it will open a menu out from paste and you can choose "Paste as a new image". Once again, programs vary, so you may need to look at the help files for your particular program for information about how to paste from clipboard.

5. Now that the image is pasted into the graphics program, you need to save it before you do any editing so you don't have to repeat the process over and over. We recommend you save the image as a high quality (low compression) jpg file. In order to make it easier to keep track of the images on your computer, make a new folder called "scrapbook-exports" on your desktop and save the image to that folder, giving it a meaningful name (for an image from the buttons set you could use buttons01.jpg or something similar that tells what set the image came from).

6. One last tip. After you save the image to your scrapbooks-exports folder, if you decide you want to make changes to the image in your editing program (adding a photo or text, etc), save the file with a new name. This can vary and should describe what your image will be (birthdaytag.jpg for example if you are taking a tag image and adding text saying Happy Birthday to it). By saving the image with the new name you avoid overwriting the original accidentally.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?