Resolved Question

Why bluetooth has stopped working on my Notebook?

I have been using a HP DV3 Pavillion Note Book for last year and a half, which has bluetooth connectivity. It runs on Windows7 Home Premium OS. For the last several months, my note book cannot connect to any other bluetooth device in its vicinity, nor other devices can connect to it. Even in the notification area bluetooth icon no longer appears. It is as if bluetooth software has simply disappeared. HP Wireless assistant shows that bluetooth has been disabled. The wireless assistant screen does not show any button to enable it. What could be the problem? How do I correct it? I would be grateful for any guidance from the CNET community.

Discussion is locked
gururajbn has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Why bluetooth has stopped working on my Notebook?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Why bluetooth has stopped working on my Notebook?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Sadly the delay may mean

Waiting this long may mean you have to restore the machine to it's factory condition. It's a shame you didn't use system restore which it first failed.
Bob

- Collapse -
Solution found!

A couple of weeks after this post, while exploring the menu options relating to blue tooth, I found that there is an option of resetting default values. I did this, and now the blue tooth enabled note book is working beautifully. One can reach this menu option by clicking on blue tooth icon in the notification area. Many thanks for the view.

CNET Forums