Phones forum

General discussion

WHY ARE ALL SPRINT PHONES HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!????????

by bubbaboy / February 13, 2006 5:55 AM PST

I own a SCP-6000 which is pretty slick. Cool silver bar phone. I love it. Could be louder but I still get looks when I use it and it's light and cool. I've had it for years now and have been looking to upgrade. But all Sprint phones look HORRIBLE!! WHY do I keep getting innundated with such cool phones in ads like the Razor etc only to be DENIED because sprint only has these clunker flip phones?!!? I want something slick and cool and works well. All their phones are just YECH. They're HUGE. I want something so small I forget I have it. I was hoping that when they merged with Nextel, I could buy a nextel phone but that's not the case AND Nextel phones are hideous too!! GIVE ME A BREAK. SPRINT: WAKE UP AND MAKE COOL PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WHY ARE ALL SPRINT PHONES HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!????????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WHY ARE ALL SPRINT PHONES HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!????????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
its not really sprint
by madeformotorola / February 13, 2006 10:03 AM PST

sprint is a bad carrier...yes thats really true. but the phones from them are samsung and lg and sanyo...those are horrible companies as well

Collapse -
Yeah but
by bubbaboy / February 14, 2006 3:59 AM PST
In reply to: its not really sprint

Sprint chooses what phones to put their service on, right? Sprint service is OK for me - great signal in my apt so I still stick with them. You are right though those phone companies are super-weak. If Sprint wants to survive, it needs to boost their designs and functions- I can't stand chunky clamshell phones!!!!!!

Collapse -
they have the MM-A900
by gss0811 / February 14, 2006 5:27 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah but

just get that and quit your whining, if you want the RAZR it is now available on 3 of the four major carriers, sprint is the only carrier foolish enough to not carry the RAZR and it's definitely because they are samsung's bi***. Samsung wants to compete against the RAZR with the MM-A900 and since Sprint doesnt have nearly enough Samsung phones (I swear to god I've never seen so many samsung phones), I mean yea, ur going to be stuck with some really fugly phones. And now that they have merged with nextel, oh boy, prepare for some really ugly phones.

Collapse -
they have the MM-A900
by dave1973 / February 14, 2006 11:14 AM PST
In reply to: they have the MM-A900

Sprint caters more to the business user, and the not the consumer user. While they have people using Sprint for personal use, they want phones that will cater more to the business user, and with that in mind, you shouldn't expect phones with all the bells and whistles that other carriers have. I do wish Verizon didn't have all the bells & whistles on their phones like Sprint. I don't want a camera on my phone, but wouldn't mind bluetooth (though most Verizon phones don't have full bluetooth), qwerty keyboards, and maybe mp3 players built-in. While I have yet to try internet on the cellphone, it's nice to have if it's necessary. I almost went with Sprint in March 2002, but changed my mind when they discontinued a local plan for $30 for 200 anytime minutes (don't remember how many night & weekend minutes). Instead, the cheapest local plan in March 2002 was for $35 for 200 anytime minutes (no night & weekend minutes), while Verizon advertised for the same price on Americas Choice, 300 anytime minutes & 3000 night & weekend minutes. That's what led me to Verizon Wireless, and have been there for 4 years in March. People complain about crippled bluetooth the most, but I complain that almost all phones are now cameraphones, and most places I visit ban them.

Collapse -
banning cameraphones?
by gss0811 / February 22, 2006 4:11 PM PST

I dont know many places that will check ur cell phone, since most people obscure them unless they are not using them

Collapse -
exactly...its bad
by madeformotorola / February 14, 2006 1:41 PM PST

the razr is just too good to be on sprint. seeing that the razr was and still is successful, samsung had to copy the razr. why ???they claim its better because it has 3G service..yea that may be a plus but has samsung put out any other cool phones ??? heck no..wanna know why ?? they are a crud company. koreans cannot make phones. its obvious. koreans may put out nice looking stuff but its either cheap plastic or the parts are falling off. my thing is-if youre carrier doesnt advertise in the newspaper or on tv, they are not a good carrier. next thing you know, samsung and lg will try to copy the motorola slvr or pebl.. sprint/nextel are mediocre. samsung and lg phones belong in the fireplace

Collapse -
sprint will never wake up
by cnet_god / February 19, 2006 12:33 AM PST

their management just doesn't get it. they have a hundred phones and they are all the same, and they give them names that are practically the same.

Collapse -
So they bought Nextel
by jbroshear / February 28, 2006 10:42 PM PST

and now they have a bigger selection of big, heavy, fat phones that look alike and do the same things.

(A900 notwithstanding)

Collapse -
I like the A840, FWIW
by jenseits / March 11, 2006 10:46 AM PST

It's small, sleek, good looking phone. It has a great screen for a phone in its category. Volume is loud.

But yes, overall Sprint has the worst-looking phones.

Collapse -
I guess, for a sprint phone
by jbroshear / March 12, 2006 11:46 AM PST
In reply to: I like the A840, FWIW

Have to admit the a840 is unusually small for a sprint phone. It's sort of plastic though. Wouldn't be considered high-end for another carrier.

Collapse -
Yeah, that's what I'm saying
by jenseits / March 12, 2006 10:47 PM PST

The A840 is definitely not a high-end phone. But if you're not looking for anything too fancy, want a small form factor, and have to go with Sprint... then it's not a bad option. It's just a good basic phone - and not as hideous as most of Sprint's selection.

If you're looking for a good-looking high-end Sprint phone, then you're definitely out of luck Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?