The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Why Apple's Siri & IBM's Watson could not hookup ;-)

Dear Buzz Gang and Crew,
Okay....this is a comical post but there are some intellectual points as well. So here we go:

-----------
Why Apple's Siri & IBM's Watson could not hookup?

1. Siri is a kind girl with personality. She has career goals with a specific purpose in mind. She is constantly improving herself by learning from her interaction with others.

Watson is an pure academic with a logical sense of personality. He is great when it comes to pure research but Watson could not charm a girl at all.

2. Siri is a giving person and she is willing to work for charitable goals....aka the 8 plus million iPhone 4s users and counting. She will help you at a moments notice regardless of the day or time.

Watson is all about the mighty dollar which is why you have to pay him to do research for you. I am not saying that this is a bad thing but Watson wants to make money with his new found talents..pure and simple.

3. Siri will not insult you or question your motives. If there is something that Siri does not understand, she will tell you. She can admit her shortcomings. She is honest.

Watson will not correct you but then again if he is wrong, he will not admit it. Watson does not want to admit failure so when he gets something wrong, he stays quiet about it. Watson is a political and corporate wolf.
-----------

I am sure that there are other comparisons that could be made but these were the ones that stood out for me. This why I say that Siri and Watson just could not hookup.

Later people. Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why Apple's Siri & IBM's Watson could not hookup ;-)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why Apple's Siri & IBM's Watson could not hookup ;-)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!