TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

WHY ALL THE T.V. BASHING

by stewart norrie / August 19, 2006 4:51 AM PDT

When someone posts that they want to buy anything but a Sony. Some of you will say that every other type of display sucks. that is not true. When I bought my Blobshia 72" d.l.p. I looked at every Sony display I could find and the picture quality was not as good as the d.l.p. sets, And the funny part I bought my t.v. from a Sony dealer. They had to special order my Blobshia for me , And yes there lips curled because I didn't buy a Sony. Please dont bash folks for there choices. And Yes the J.V.C sets look beautiful to. Sony t.v.s are great but there are other brands of t.v. and displays that look good and are cheaper and with great customer service have a nice week end all stewee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WHY ALL THE T.V. BASHING
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WHY ALL THE T.V. BASHING
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
um?
by masterying01 / August 19, 2006 6:43 AM PDT

and everytime there is a post about cable or satellite....you have to say something about your dish network and how much you pay a month and how everyone should switch.

and everytime someone asks a question about a tv (projection, plasma, lcd, crt)...you need to talk about how all tv's suck except for your 72inch toshiba and that we're hating on your dlp.

the sony sxrd is a good display. it based off of the jvc's hdila technology. hands down...the sxrd is better then a 1080p samsung , 1080p toshiba or 1080p mitsubishi. it is not my fault that you havent seen it and all you're comparing is the 60a10 lcd model.

Collapse -
I so totally agree.........
by kena10 / August 20, 2006 4:27 AM PDT
In reply to: um?

And I'd like to add that Stewart seems to think that we must be idiots or something when a few days ago he starts talking about how he didn't know the SXRD sets were the counter parts of JVC's HDiLa sets.

Again, I couldn't agree more with you masterying.

Jimmy

Collapse -
Stewart are you operating a outdoor with that 72" T V ?
by sbrasch99 / August 19, 2006 9:08 AM PDT

Marc

Collapse -
HERE WE GO AGAIN
by stewart norrie / August 20, 2006 8:33 AM PDT

First I recomend dish network because there costomer service, programing, and rates are excelent my opinion only. Also I have owned 2 Sony t.v.s I just gave away my 14 year old 53" To a friend and it still has a great picture, Truly I love the SXRD sony sets. but my opinion only the d.l.p. sets look just as good also I wanted a 70+ screen size and Sony only had one model that size and they dropped it. in closing you Sony folks should read your own posts . If anyone even talks about anything but Sony YOU BASH THEM. have a nice week end all stewee

Collapse -
Stew...Costco has 1080p Toshiba DLP
by Dan Filice / August 20, 2006 10:13 AM PDT
In reply to: HERE WE GO AGAIN

I was at Costco yesterday and I noticed that they had a Toshiba DLP set like yours but with native 1080p resolution. Time to trade-in the old girl, Stew. Happy

Collapse -
HI DAN HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?
by stewart norrie / August 20, 2006 10:31 AM PDT

I think I will keep this old girl. besides Iam broke ha ha, My last $1000 went to a blue ray player so I guess I will have to wait until October. to see the logo change from 1080I to 1080P. who knows. Another funny thing is I bought my Blobshia from my friends at San Jose Sony Honda, You should have seen the pain in there face when I special ordered my blobshia from them. and all the horrible problems I would have with bulbs, color wheels and rainbow effect. Also my 72HM195 claims 1080P. and in closing I saw my t.v. at Frys the other day and it looked horrible. Its amazing how anyone can buy a t.v. at big box stores Its always nice to chat with a pro have to go time for drag racing hope the Sony folks dont read this. harda ha ha stewee

Collapse -
I saw my t.v. at Frys
by jcrobso / August 21, 2006 1:14 AM PDT

Fyr's has one of the best setups for connections to display HDTVs. They have a first class A/V, RF and component distrubtion system. When I worked a Fry's I was impressed by it. Now the downside,,,the people that work there are totaly clue less on how to use it.
Remember 1080p is sizzle. The FOX channel, which is 720p
has some great live programing, I have some NSCAR broadcats on FOX, and they were great.

1080p is way, way over hyped and 720p is mainly ignored.
Ask yourself, Why did ABC and FOX go with 720p?
A hint, the OTA broadcast bandwith is 29mbs/sec.
720p requires LESS compression compaired to 1080i fit into the 29mbit/sec bandwidth. Less compression=better quality all other things being =. john

Collapse -
JCROB MORE ON FRYS
by stewart norrie / August 21, 2006 5:34 AM PDT
In reply to: I saw my t.v. at Frys

The local frys store in Sunnyvalle ca. seem to be feeding there display sets. 3 or 4 different vidio feeds severel sets are feed from a hard drive and those sets look awsome also the plasmas look stunning , the rest of the display sets look horrible, not even watchable, Thats why I alway say go to a hi-end retailer where the sets are displayed perfectly. then go to frys and buy ha ha stewee

Collapse -
More on 1080i
by Dan Filice / August 21, 2006 6:24 AM PDT
In reply to: I saw my t.v. at Frys

I read that 1080i should be more accurately called 540i since the TV is really showing only 540 lines at a time. I agree too that 720p would be better than 1080i since all the lines of resolution are shown at once. I remember reading an article that discussed 720p and 1080i, and it mentioned that 480p should have been developed as a broadcast format because for all intents and purposes, it requires almost no compression and would have provided a stunning picture over the air.

Collapse -
Sony
by sweetpappy / August 20, 2006 9:53 PM PDT

Sony sucks- not the actual merchandise per say but the employees that "know it all"...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?