Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Who listens if you have complaint on Office 365

After pushing for budget in our company to get onto office 365, I'm left with egg on my face after Access was dropped with no notice to me. So after developing a few databases to better manage some processes, as of last week, we cannot use them anymore.

In as far as I can see, this is a broken promise and apart from feeling like a total idiot for trusting Microsoft now, in this economy, what is with gradually removing features and charging more. In English when you are vested in something and someone takes advantage of that, I think they call it extortion.

Its funny that all the products now on the plan have open source alternatives which means nothing special about Microsoft for business now. I guess we can now call me a Microsoft fool.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Who listens if you have complaint on Office 365
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Who listens if you have complaint on Office 365
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I never saw Access for Office 365 (in the year 2016)

In reply to: Who listens if you have complaint on Office 365

Collapse -
Visual Studio app

In reply to: I never saw Access for Office 365 (in the year 2016)

Hello

Can you be more specific regarding Visual Studio app. I just happen to have visual studio installed but I cannot see how my colleagues will be able to use the various databases also.

Now, having had MySQL applications before, the required infrastructure is not as simple as having an Access Database on a share. Also consider trying to train someone to use and extend MySQL app in php or whatever; a person who had never developed vs Access. I have not come across anyone, technical or non technical I could not teach to use, develop and extend an Access Database.

On the surface, of course it seems simple but the implications for some of us are complex and costly. My main point however is you take a lease of something and ever so often, they come take a wheel off.

Collapse -
I've used MySQL on single PCs

In reply to: Visual Studio app

And it was as simple or simpler than Access on a share because I never had a MySQL database corrupt. One system which I love to share about has been running since 2005 with no SQL upgrades.

There are folk that want to make MySQL or any SQL into a Mars expedition but it's been easy here.

As to Visual Studio to Access apps, another well done area with many code examples on the web as well as programming forums like StackOverflow, Daniweb and CodeProject.

That Wheel came off over a year ago from what I found out and I'm sure it did hurt.

Collapse -
The wheel came off indeed

In reply to: I've used MySQL on single PCs

You are definitely on point with that;. It hurt us now as our subscription was renewed this month and we did not get the memo from last year.

Anyway, its what it is now so will take in your input and move on.

Thank you

Collapse -
I didn't get it that you were on Office 365 prior to 2016

In reply to: The wheel came off indeed

Collapse -
Office 365 support is VERY BAD

In reply to: Who listens if you have complaint on Office 365

After using the service for over a year, i'm not experiencing long wait times and poor solutions.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.