General discussion

Who is my web host?

I'm sure this will sound strange, but I can't remember who my web host is!

I have a site that I have ignored for at least the last year and a half. I must have paid for a couple of years of hosting, because it's still up and running.

I keep all my registration information in PassWord Safe, but for some reason I did not list my hosting information.

I know my registrar (from PWsafe), and can log in to that account. I have the various email name/passwords in PWsafe, but I don't see any references to the webhost.

I want to revamp the site, so how do I figure out who my host is, so that I can access the cpanel, ftp, and all that good stuff?

Oddly yours,

Jenny

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Who is my web host?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Who is my web host?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Nameserver

When you log into your registrar there should be somewhere to look for the NameServer. The nameserver is what tells it to go to the correct host. If the name of the host isn't part of the nameserver address, a google search on the nameserver should get you there.

- Collapse -
That's the ticket!

Thank you very much! I knew it must be something fairly simple.

Problem solved!

- Collapse -
cant locate my web hoster

I can locate my web hoster, as the company who did the domain name and server name booking for our co either does not exist or they are not traceable right at this moment. This is creating a great inconvinience for us as we are unable to do the nescessary ammendments for the same.

So hereby on behalf of the co. I request you to please provide us with the details of our Domain and server provider. so that we can contact with them for all the assistance we need.

Domain name: imbizindia.com

Thanks
Regards
Viswaroop
Product Lead
imbizindia pvt ltd

- Collapse -
Could it be

hostcontroller dot net?

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
I checked your site

After using Who is site this is what I have found:
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE

You can check this link for more info about your site: http://www.who.is/whois/imbizindia.com/

- Collapse -
Whois database

If you go to the "who is" website and type in your domain name, I believe it will tell you. It'll at least tell you your registrar. Usually the same place as your hosting.

CNET Forums

Forum Info