The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

who is cooler molly tom or veronica

by cheeseisblue / May 3, 2006 1:34 AM PDT

they're all soooooo cool

chris guttridge,uk,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: who is cooler molly tom or veronica
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: who is cooler molly tom or veronica
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) what about the Earthlink guy?
by csliva11 / May 3, 2006 1:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) he would come last coz tom molly and veronica rule!!!!!
by cheeseisblue / May 3, 2006 1:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
you are going to start a fight with this post
by firestarter / May 3, 2006 2:36 AM PDT

Molly is the funny one
Veronice is the hip one
and tom is the small time lawyer

Collapse -
It would have to be...
by goodsand / May 3, 2006 2:44 AM PDT

Ok, there are going to be various oppinions about this. There is the BOL perspective and the Real Life perspective.

In BOL Life, Veronica is the only one who can operate the studio equiptment efficiently every day. We get a disclaimer that Veronica is not working the equiptment when when Tom or Molly are left to the job. BUT, she isn't on the voicemail.... So, this is a tough round, but it has to go to Veronica since the days cannot run smoothly without her.

In real life, it's definately between Tom and Molly. I think Tom gets to travel more and see all kinds of cool stuff, but Molly gets to choose the gadget of the week. She is also on the front page of CNET every single day. I think this makes Molly the winner for real life.

So, to pick between Molly and Veronica...

Veronica is an Apple and World of Warcraft user, as am I. NO competition...

(Sorry Tom and Molly, I still love you guys!)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hold on, lemme get my thermometer ;)
by Ravensblood / May 3, 2006 2:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
All crucial ingredients in the big BOL cake
by MacHugger / May 3, 2006 2:58 AM PDT

They are each very important to the recipe:

Molly: Gets us fired up over stuff we probably didn't give much thought. Who really cared about DRM before a famous Mollyrant (TM)? She brings the passion to the show and a female perspective.

Tom: Counter point to Molly. Full of knowledge and trivia. Conductor of the show when it gets off track. Pun and segue master.

Veronica: Youthful perspective. Lightens it up. Feels more plugged-in to the gaming and cutting-edge of the internet. And, adds the Apple flavor for those with such a taste.

To ask who is cooler would be like asking what your favorite ingredient is in a cake. Flour? Sugar? Eggs? I guess each of those is cool in its own right but I prefer the whole cake.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
ur wrong
by cheeseisblue / May 3, 2006 3:03 AM PDT

my favourite ingrediant out of your list is sugar

Collapse -
You're both wrong
by LifeStar / May 3, 2006 3:12 AM PDT
In reply to: ur wrong

Your cakes wouldn't rise without yeast... thus the Earthlink guy is the most important. We need some sort of net connection to even get BOL you know. Wink

Collapse -
Earthlink guy
by goodsand / May 3, 2006 6:44 AM PDT
In reply to: You're both wrong

But the Earthlink guy is so monotone and has no oppinions. He only just wants to talk about Earthlink. What is his stance on the latest telecom legislation? What are his thoughts on Macbook Pro vs. Acer? He should be a guest one day...maybe following Steve Jobs.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hit the nail on the head
by rtemp / May 3, 2006 7:54 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Its Tom - rational and considers economics
by cardsbb9 / May 3, 2006 3:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
moot point
by diannemoffettyahoo / May 3, 2006 3:24 AM PDT

Frankly, as individuals I wouldn't necessarily give their thoughts and opinions added weight. It's the TEAM that adds a dynamic I can't get elsewhere. A dynamic group tends to trump a dynamic person. So its really a moot point.

Collapse -
I think the term "moot" is hilarious.
by csliva11 / May 3, 2006 4:29 AM PDT
In reply to: moot point

Seriously, I can't help but laugh when I try and say that.

Collapse -
Etymonline explains 'moot' as:
by cardsbb9 / May 3, 2006 10:49 AM PDT

Etymonline explains 'moot' as:

1154, from O.E. gemot "meeting" (especially of freemen, to discuss community affairs or mete justice), from P.Gmc. *ga-motan (cf. O.L.F. muot "encounter," M.Du. moet, M.H.G. muoz), from collective prefix *ga- + *motan (see meet (v.)). The adj. senses of "debatable" and "not worth considering" arose from moot case, earlier simply moot (n.) "discussion of a hypothetical law case" (1531), in law student jargon, in ref. to students gathering to test their skills in mock cases.

So the law students would 'meet' (moot) to 'play-act' trials and a concept that is only worth discussing in such fictitious cases became known as a 'moot case' or shortened to 'moot'.

Collapse -
Based on forum analysis
by Redhats Q / May 3, 2006 10:28 AM PDT

After deep statistical anaylsis of the forums I find that people think :

Veronica is HOT

Molly Is Cold

So Tom must be cool as he is in the middle

And how did I come to find this conclusion ?
How Did I obtain my Data ???

I read some posts .. then like all good statistics, I made them up

Actually I like them all, so I'm totally useless and really have nothing constructive to add to this discussion so BYE

Collapse -
Tom the Eloquent
by Redhats Q / May 3, 2006 10:52 AM PDT

New Title fresh from MP3 insider

Maybe Sir Tom the Eloquent ????

I cant knight Him, but it sounds like sometimes Molly wants to Crown Him

Close Enough ??

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) sometime i want to bean him
In reply to: Tom the Eloquent
Collapse -
*scrambles to find.....
by amadscientist / May 3, 2006 12:12 PM PDT

hip V dictionary* what the heck does "to bean" mean???? On another more exciting note OMG(osh)!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS A CRAZY LOST EPISODE!!! WOW!!!! I hope everyone else knows what I'm talking about. Man, Hurly is sooooo going to be feeling guily for not bringing blankets. Poor dude.

-A Mad Scientist

Collapse -
etymonline lets us know that 'bean' means:
by cardsbb9 / May 3, 2006 12:20 PM PDT

Meaning "head" is U.S. baseball slang c.1905 (in bean-ball "a pitch thrown at the head").

So, to 'bean' someone is to hit them in (on) the head (usually with an object other than a part of your own body).

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks! I appreciate it, Key! (NT)
by amadscientist / May 3, 2006 12:21 PM PDT
Collapse -
I though she mistyped BE HIM !!!!!
by Redhats Q / May 3, 2006 12:48 PM PDT

That change the whole meaning of the post

Still I'll Live

Collapse -
Best lost episode this season
by goodsand / May 4, 2006 1:21 AM PDT

Ana Lucia should have "whacked" Henry...

I can't remember her name...but blonde girl who was abducted by the others should have mentioned the mind altering drugs that she was forced to take. She, and the audience, should have seen this coming from Michael. Whether it's blackmail or drugs, anyone abducted by the others is not to be trusted.

The whole island is all in Hurley's head though. He is stuck in the mental hospital with one heck of an imagination!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) YOU are!
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?