Video Cameras forum

General discussion

Who Currently has the Best Deal on the Canon HV20?

I am looking to buy a Canon HV20 (unless someone talks me out of it by suggesting a superior camera for less than $1000).

Who is running the best deal on the Canon HV20, as of November 20, 2007? Has anyone bought this camera recently and if so, where, how much, how as the buying experience, etc.?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Hawk

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Who Currently has the Best Deal on the Canon HV20?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Who Currently has the Best Deal on the Canon HV20?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I try to shop the brick and mortar stores

In reply to: Who Currently has the Best Deal on the Canon HV20?

for lots of reasons - including they employ your neighbors (maybe you?) and contribute to the tax base for your schools, fire protection, police services and road maintenance - among other things... so what stores are near you?

Collapse -
I usually check B&H, Amazon, and Adorama.

They have a large selection of products, and competitive prices. You also don't have to worry about scamming with them.

Collapse -
Thank you for your suggestions!

In reply to: I usually check B&H, Amazon, and Adorama.

Well, I did it...

I bought the Canon HV20 from Amazon. $782.98, including tax (not charged) and overnight shipping ($only $3.99!). Circuit City had the camera at about $780, but after sales tax, the price was $840+/-.

Being in a state where we pay 10% state income tax, 8% sales tax on all purchases except for food (we have to be able to eat so we can work, get paid and then pay taxes right?), gas tax, car registration, utility taxes, cigarette tax, etc., etc. etc., on top of the 20-25% we pay in federal taxes, I have ZERO allegiance to the brick and mortars. Further, thanks to Gray Davis, all of our state employees should be A-OK, currently, and in retirement Happy

HBhawk

Collapse -
yeah... well...

In reply to: Thank you for your suggestions!

I live in California, too...

CONGRATULATIONS on you new acquisition!!!

Collapse -
I agree with you, and there is also the issue of the time

In reply to: Thank you for your suggestions!

and cost of getting to the bricks and mortars.

In the Chicago area, VERY FEW, local stores have a good selection of products. If, for example, you want a good mic, the vast majority of stores will not have them. A lot of high quality equipment is available only via the internet.

Collapse -
Dbuys.com

Sorry I'm getting here late. Dbuys.com has the HV20 for $734 which is the cheapest I found. I just bought the HV20 from them yesterday. I previously bought my 60 inch Sony TV from them and they are a reputable online retailer and have good service.

Collapse -
Watch out!

In reply to: Dbuys.com

Collapse -
Great price, but will it ever arrive?

In reply to: Watch out!

I read some of those reviews also, and some of the people indicated that after they sent their credit card information for an in stock item, the item became "back ordered", sometimes indefinitely. I decided to pay a little more and go with Amazon, as I haven't heard anything bad about them in the past.

I believe that Amazon sold the item and is also shipping item. Does anyone know if Amazon ever sells items, but has another company ship them? I mean, do they ever act as a middleman? I have noticed that on some websites like Buy.com, you may complete the transaction there, but someone else will ship it. I don't really know if I like that plan.

Hawk

Collapse -
Yes, they use other companies all the time.

In reply to: Great price, but will it ever arrive?

The key is whether or not you go through Amazon's check out procedure. If you pay Amazon for the item, Amazon will stand behind the product. If you pay someone other than Amazon, they will not back it up.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.