Samsung forum

Rant

White spots 6187s

by Citizenkane2 / July 9, 2012 9:23 AM PDT

Have the 6187s and it is developing white spots all over the screen. Had a tech come in to look at it and he said it was a bad dlp chip and samsung would send a replacement chip. Called samsung and was too my model is mot covered. Would not expect a $2500 tv to go bad in less than 3yrs. Definitely a defect in manufacturing by samsung. Amazing they will not offer a fix. Terrible

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: White spots 6187s
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: White spots 6187s
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry but the chip is from Ti.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 9, 2012 9:43 AM PDT
In reply to: White spots 6187s

Samsung does not make that chip.

Collapse -
White spot 6187s
by Citizenkane2 / July 9, 2012 9:02 PM PDT

Great reply. I did not buy the tv from trxas instruments. I bought it from samsung who has put out an inferior high priced product. Would not expect that from samsung and own several other samsung tvs that i have neverhad ssues with. On top of that many other people are having the same problems with your dlp tvs. Obviosly a samsung issue that should be adrresed and corrected

Collapse -
Sorry, just sharing the facts.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2012 1:07 AM PDT
In reply to: White spot 6187s

There were folks that went down the legal path and they needed to know this detail. There are far too many discussions already but the warranty looks to be non-inclusive of this item and Samsung did step up to the early failures but this does not mean there is a defect. It's a part that has moving parts inside and as such will fail someday.

Some don't want to know that.
Bob

Collapse -
PS. All this is for you
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2012 1:23 AM PDT
Collapse -
PS. Where to ask for a review of your claim?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2012 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: White spots 6187s
Collapse -
6187s white spots
by Citizenkane2 / July 10, 2012 7:08 AM PDT

thanks everyone. all i would expect from samsung is to send me a replacement chip in that they are aware of the issue and its been ongoing. just do the right thing to a good customer

Collapse -
6187 white dots.....same issue
by MC4221 / July 11, 2012 11:42 AM PDT
In reply to: 6187s white spots

I have the same model number 6187SX/XAA and now have white dots covering my entire TV. It also started with just few dots and after a cpl of months, its now covered with the dots. I've called Samsung and talked to a Service Supervisor and was told my model wasn't covered and all she could do was set me up with a service rep at my cost since my TV is 3 yrs old. I'm in shock that Samsung knowing the issue is refussing to fix a well known defect. I have over 4 different Samsung devices in my home and always liked their products but really surprised not standing behind a well know issue. I've seen a news special on channel 7 news "7 on your side" with the same issue and they were able to help get the issue resolved. The consumer was told the same thing "model not covered" although other models with the same issue were......makes no sense. I've contact "7 on your side" and hopefully I will get some results. I paid to much money for this TV and have to pay for a defect.......just not fair. If anybody out there could help me resolve this issue without have to go to extremes, please advise. My ticket number with the CS is 2113882982.....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.