General discussion

White Screen

My friend has a "eee pc 1008ha" Notebook, and when he switched it on this morning the screen went white and stayed that way. He has tried rebooting it but the same thing happens. Does anyone know what has happened and if there is a cure for this problem. Yours Hopefully Dougie1954.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: White Screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: White Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Quick check...

By reboot, is that the small reboot button for that model on the backside(if provided)? Or using some other method? Generally speaking, it doesn't look good, the system is hosed, if any warranty use it. Asus forum(support website), query there for any hot tips or FAQ on the topic. Try also, using the ext. video port(if provided) to a monitor what are the results? If OK, then the PC video LCD is bad. If same white output, int. video port is bad.

tada -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Quick reset.

This is generic and is not specific to all machines and may not apply to all machines. But it's paid off so many times that when I see a laptop that won't boot I do the following.

1. Power off. Press and hold the power button until it goes off.
2. Remove the AC power.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the power button for one minute (yes it may be 15 seconds on some machines but we can't research each machine and make a table for each model.)
5. Release the power button.
6. Install the battery.
7. Connect the AC and adapter.
8. Try again.

Good luck!
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info