Speakeasy forum

General discussion

White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf

by EdHannigan / June 21, 2010 12:15 PM PDT

What's the difference?
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hfQ62qTEIbRH__q_rUMpzykNDtkQ

But when asked about Obama's day Saturday, in particular his four hour golf game at a course near Washington, Burton said the president had the right to decompress a bit after a hard week.

"I don't think that there's a person in this country that doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," Burton said.
---------------------
Yes, years and years in fact.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
IF he had a ranch......
by JP Bill / June 21, 2010 12:19 PM PDT

he could clear brush

Collapse -
I Think Obama & the press are being unfair to BP as far as..
by grimgraphix / June 21, 2010 12:29 PM PDT

... as far as this whole keeping tally of BPs PR gaffes. The guy took a day off. So what? He spent it with his kid on a boat he has owned for a while.

This whole "pointing the finger" for political gain game has gone way overboard. All sides need to back off this strategy, but the sad reality is that the american people eat it up so until we collectively tell all the politicians to get real. we can expect the spin game to go on, and on, and on....

Collapse -
PRICELESS!!
by Mike_Hanks / June 21, 2010 11:36 PM PDT

You don't really expect Democrats to call "hypocrisy" on their own kind do you?

Collapse -
I understand Obama also takes breaks...
by Josh K / June 22, 2010 1:27 AM PDT
In reply to: PRICELESS!!

...to eat, use the bathroom, watch TV, read and sleep.

Collapse -
You're missing the point...
by EdHannigan / June 22, 2010 2:22 AM PDT

It's not that he takes breaks, it's that it is very hypocritical for the WH to criticize someone else for taking a break as well. What's good for one is good for all.

Collapse -
I took a break today
by James Denison / June 22, 2010 2:29 AM PDT
Collapse -
RE: I wonder if Obama does any real work like that? Ever?
by JP Bill / June 22, 2010 3:20 AM PDT
In reply to: I took a break today

Gardening?.....Does everyone have to...in order to do "real work"?

Collapse -
Yes. Of course. Everyone. Do You?
by James Denison / June 22, 2010 3:22 AM PDT
Devil
Collapse -
But golf has a long tradition in US politics.
by Ziks511 / June 22, 2010 2:04 AM PDT

George W played it after hurricane Katrina, Eisenhower played it regularly, and while golf may be elitist (priced any club memberships lately?) there are few things quite so elitist as yacht racing.

"A boat is a hole in the water which you keep trying to fill with money."

Rob

Collapse -
Boat as acronym:
by Paul C / June 23, 2010 7:03 PM PDT
Break
Out
Another
Thousand
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.